Deere-est

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you much kindly  :) :) :)

Snipped the ends off before bed time last night, don't start work till tonight now so I am doing a few more bits this morning before I go and get more bits for other projects and set off for work.

Got the other dorma done, it was a breeze this time as I had one to copy. Now I am making some trusses for the inside to take the flex out and the wieght of the tiles of course. Not proper trusses though. .. my attention to detail has to stop somewhere!!!  ::)

Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!! Thatch it!!

Well what do you think?

Wouldn't go with the rest of the farm or the stone work. .. Dad said that too when he saw it though. It may have been thatch once upon a time but she'll be tiled for this setting.

;)

Sounds good mate and yeah makes sense to have a tiled roof.

Will it lift off?

Yeah I t will be removable so that I can set the inside up and stuff. In the side opposite the two storey side (ie - to the left) will be a mobile dryer, Opico or something.

Which I will scratch build  ;D

N.B

The ends may also be removable yet too so that you can look in with the roof still on  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you not going to Spalding here are some pics of Leverets Farm for you. I have just set it up in the kitchen where it will stay for the night so thought I would take a few pics. No machinery or animals in situ this time, it's just to check it over with gateways etc lining up and to fix in the new gates in the large gap by the road, the main entrance. Oh and to move the farm sign across to that side too. For Toytrac the entrance was this small gatewat next to the back of the workshop. The actual main entrance was always to be by the diesel tank, between the dutch barn and the new granary barn.  :)

post-227-132638706256_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638706259_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys, looking forward to giving it another airing. I have painted the roof of the dutch barn aswell as under some light you could see the paint was a touch thin.

Thouse are the louvre doors into the sitting room Jez, we have to put that plank there else the cat cunningly opens them up all by himself and treats the place like a bloody hotel!!!  :D

Well I looked at the gates Mark (OLD FORD) made me two years ago. (best I have seen by the way) These two ten footers were made as a pair for this job. However or wherever the farm entrance was going to be, I wanted two steel gates to fo the job. What a pair aswell. With the small gap to the left I though, pedestrian gate? Style? Then I saw it, I hadn't moved the farm sign over yet so hey presto, perfect fit!!  ;D

post-227-132638706273_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263870628_thumb.jpg