Orkney model show 2013

8feetmower

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are both gym halls and lighting was great a bit like the one at Dingwall earlier this year Paul. There were three farming dioramas at it and one chap had a 24 foot x 12 foot one and he came down from Shetland and needed a large transit van to hold it all.In addition there were a couple of tractor displays and quite a few display of lorries some with dioramas which I'm afraid I will have to keep for a Model Farmer article.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Kenny...but I have withheld the farming dioramas's, the tractor and lorry display's and also the construction and lorry diorama's otherwise I would not have any new content to write a show report for Model Farmer.

PS...on the picture report 10 out of 10 must go to lighting in the hall's...it makes things so so much better for the point and click folk like me ;D  ;D

One farming diorama impressed me...well it was 24 foot x 12 foot in old money ( divide by 3.25 if this does not relate to you ;D  ;D )

Anyway

What do you think was used to make these potato ridge's or well " tattie drill's" as I would call them :huh: 

P1060938_zps7f262694.jpg

It was an excellent venue for the model show James. It is held bi-annually and next year it will be in Shetland.

All very good guesses, James, James Joe and Paul but not actually the correct materials.

I'll keep this open a little longer but I will give you a clue. Think of a component used in most car or tractor or lorry engines. Now it should be so so easy ;D  ;D

The surprising thing James is that chap has only been collecting and modifying models for the past 2 to 3 years...he has managed to achieve so so much in that time but I'll save the rest for the Model Farmer article.

John some excellent displays there :) love the major in the shed :)  Bill that combine is phenomenal, you could spends days solidly harvesting carpet with it :)

Yes,some good displays & something for everyone from dolls to boats to farming,trucks,construction etc.

You forgot to add the friendly atmosphere at this show John....the Orcadian's really are a very friendly and welcoming folk as I have found in my first ever short stay of 4 days on the mainland...despite a little sea sickness on the trip home ...me thinks me needs to come back again...but maybe by a longer road haul there and a shorter "boat" or ferry crossing ;D  ;D

Archived