Britains 2014 Models

ALLEN XL

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to Britains I think the general shape of the TW15 in G&Ms picture is spot on, the cab and bonnet look good, the decals are fine, they even got the curved exhaust top right.    The only issues with it can be sorted with paint. 

I will paint the wheels with white enamel before mix and matching some blue paint for the hubs, no problem.  I have some nice light grey paint that will be perfect for the radiator grill.  And a box full of tyres to change them as well if needed.  The front weight may be a challenge as it appears the copied machine had an extended weight holder. But Im sure I can figure something out.  

The PAVT wheels actually look exactly as they should!!  They could easily have skimped on the detail of them, just like they have many times with modern JD wheels >:(

The overall appearance of all Britains TWs todate is much more accurate structurally than UHs and Marge, which were both more highly detailed and yet wrong!

UH cocked up the cabs and rear mudguards, Marge set the bonnets to low, so congratulations to Britains on that.  Mind you how they couldn't realise that all three of the forthcoming TWs would share the same colour blue front hubs is a mystery?  But not a disaster.

Im tempted to buy  a TW15 immediately, but experience with bent wheel axles and badly aligned decals means I will wait until I can see a selection of them and cherry pick the best one ::)

The picture in the catalogue for the TW15 has not got painted front hubs so surely must be original, or was there a period of both being produced by Ford with the Blue painted hub a later edition. Anyone on here remember seeing the real thing with white front hubs?

tractorman314.

here is one tractorman,and its the picture britains have used,before the model appeared,as allways though,very hard to say if its original,i must admit i have never seen one with white hubs before,allways remembered them with blue hubs,and looking through some ford brochures ,there is not one tw uk brochure with white hubs

post-1769-0-04379100-1419864317_thumb.jp

Hi Paul,

The JD 3640/50 - will be the same length as the 3040/3140 & 3050/3350, as they are basically the same tractor, main differences were a tweaked pump giving about 12-14hp more, beefed up back end for greater lift capacity, and larger standard tyres.

Cheers Paul,

Pretty sure the only reason they give the 36's as longer than the other tractors is down to the fact that the measurement for the 36's included the front linkage, as when the 3640 came out, it was the only model available with front linkage/PTO as a factory fitted option.

So you will be fine doing a conversion with the Britain's tractors ;)

Cheers Paul,

Pretty sure the only reason they give the 36's as longer than the other tractors is down to the fact that the measurement for the 36's included the front linkage, as when the 3640 came out, it was the only model available with front linkage/PTO as a factory fitted option.

So you will be fine doing a conversion with the Britain's tractors ;)

thanks Jep,nice to know somebody knows what they are talking about,thanks again

Yes Ive had a rummage online and in the ford TW brochures to and I still reckon Britains have done a good job with the decals, and Im a picky bugger as you know ;D

Maybe its my eye sight. But if you have a UH TW-25/35 Gen 1 or Marge TW.. just compare them to a Britains ..And you may see what I mean.  ;)

Archived