Ford 8210 Q Cabbed Tractors - Models and the Real Deal

It's been a while since i've started one of these threads. However in light of certain recent model purchases of my own I thought it was time to start another. I'm hoping to do the same with a number of other specific tractors in the coming weeks.

A tractor that thanks to childhood memories of the real machine working on my Uncle's farm just short of 25 years ago I have a real soft spot for. Ford's Q cabbed 8210. I remember when I first saw the 8210 working thinking it was one of the biggest and most impressive tractors I have ever seen as a 6 year old, even though they only pump out just over 100hp.

Here's photographs of the custom built models of the tractor I have residing in my collection. 2wd and 4wd examples from PDC Farm Models along with a dual wheeled 4wd version from DBP Farm Models.

P1380665_zps34c3e8ca.jpg

P1380667_zpsc833ecf8.jpg

P1380672_zps9c84acdb.jpg

P1380674_zpse5a35634.jpg

P1380669_zpsdcdd4033.jpg

P1380671_zps70ebd65c.jpg

Moving onto photographs of the real machines residing in my archives. Starting with the tractor I first saw as a youngster harvesting potatoes on my Uncle's farm in Dalby Forest. The tractor belonged to a contractor who also used to run a 2wd 7710. The tractor is seen yoked to a Grimme Allrounder harvester unloading into trailers pulled by my Uncle's 5610 and 6610 Q cabbed tractors.

IMGfords_0006_zpsfac1d4c6.jpg

IMGfords_0005_zpsad20c3f0.jpg

IMGdoes_0008_zps1c559009.jpg

IMGfords_0004_zps3a576f01.jpg

Contractor Mick Troutsdale's 8210 in action at a ploughing match in the late '80s.

IMGfords_0003_zpsc5bb13aa.jpg

2wd example I discovered at a ploughing match in 2009.

DSC032821_zps1ebde525.jpg

Another 2wd machine I found being offered for sale by second hand tractor dealer G.M Stephenson at Driffield Show in 2010.

DSC07602_zpsb7db58aa.jpg

Whilst I found this one on offer at the Cheffins Sale at the Yorkshire Showground near Harrogate in 2011.

P1090045_zps12cf44d7.jpg

Edward Redden's immaculate example found on the Blue Force stand at Newark Tractor and Heritage Show in November 2011.

P1120230_zps0a64f40d.jpg

As with other topics I have set up like this if anyone else has anything else model and real machine related connected to this particular tractor then by all means post anything you have.

Whilst i've never driven one, I think they look the business Richard, and just like you I have fond memories of them, especially the example that harvested potatoes on my Uncle's farm. I can also recall spending quite a bit of time in my younger days at my Aunty's house at a little village called Leavening in the late '80s, early '90s. Based there was a contractor by the name of Roger Midgely who had a yard full of big Q cabbed Fords mostly TW machines aswell as several 8210 tractors. Gutted my Dad and I never took any photographs of his tractors back then. I used to love watching his fleet set off and return to his yard with all manner of kit. Big rear discharge muck spreaders, Hesston balers. He even ran one of those AG-Bag machines a silage time. I'm fairly certain he's running various New Hollands nowadays, TM machines etc, and the yard has been condensed considerabley when I was last up in that direction. Look forward to seeing your Pictures when you find them mate. :)

I have to say one off my all time favorite tractors. Gen II 4WD with a twin row Armer beet harvester.

Its not a Ford but great Armer pics

http://www.midsuffolkagriphotos.co.uk/gallery/gp3449.htm

Sounds like a lovely combination, and thank you for sharing that link to the Armer harvester too. I've seen a number of them in magazines before but i've yet to find one in action in the flesh on my travels.

This is my later PDC built Super Q cabbed Gen II 8210.

P1380679_zpsf8e67a24.jpg

Gen III 8210 I photographed in 2008.

DSC01259_zpsc6ff012d.jpg

Sounds like a lovely combination, and thank you for sharing that link to the Armer harvester too. I've seen a number of them in magazines before but i've yet to find one in action in the flesh on my travels.

This is my later PDC built Super Q cabbed Gen II 8210.

P1380679_zpsf8e67a24.jpg

Gen III 8210 I photographed in 2008.

DSC01259_zpsc6ff012d.jpg

Armer havesters used to be all over the place here. I remember seeing a 3 row tanker harvester with an 8830. I took pics of it but ha ha! it was before digital cameras were around ha ha!.

typically the 8210 was used with the single row and the TW15 or TW25 was used with the Beaver twin row.

Archived