Classic Tractor January 2014

I d say  in the 70s / 80s  early 90s there was only  mainly Fords , Massey s & IH/Case about me  been driven ,  the 1st time i really got into JD tractors  was when i went too work on a farm some 10 miles from my home at Goole  , Yorkshire  but again the other farms all ran Fords or Masseys too

where as now adays id say JD are top of the pile with NH & Masseys  & Case s following on , but a lot of the farm s  here have given up on cattle  keeping or been sold on to make bigger farm so there less of a mix of tractors to be seen , which i think would still see up there on  NI farms

Im my time every farm had 3/4 tractors just on a 100/ 120 arc farm so there was always something to see today you ve lucky to see 1 for miles ha ha!  tractor that is

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We still have alot of 70's & 80's era tractors working hard in the area. As im  posting ,a Ford 7600 Q cab just passed outside with an ABBEY diet feeder !! :laugh: . A Sekura cab DB 996 with a front loader is placing a round bale in a round feeder at the field behind my house & im going spliting timber rings tomorrow with my buddys  Ford 5000. So classics are still working hard around my neck of the woods.  ;D  ;D

Archived