Classic Tractor January 2014

My issue dropped through the front door today earlier than expected 8)

I have only flicked through but I'm impressed there is a lot of blue "reek" aka smoke on offer and a lot on Nashes which really pleases me.

In addition a Toytrac report and well done to Paul Whitehead (well he is really black headed (with grey hair to come).... to me ;D  ;D ) a member on here on his win with his converted UH 654 1/16 scale County to a County 974 with a scratch built cab.

Oh I wish I could work on things less than 100% but well I can glue my fingers together just opening super glue so hence the reason I have given up even on ScaleDOWN  1/32 models as good as they are. I guess I'm just an impatient person but probably enhanced by working in the oil industry for over a 1/4 of a century where everything is wanted yesterday or if not that...when will it be finished. On the latter I told my new boss ...it will be done when its completed before asking him....how long is a piece of string..well not in that word's....I can be diplomatic when I need to be ;D  ;D

Keep up the good work Rory... I used to subscribe to all the tractor magazines and did not do them all justice so I had to ask which one is the best one to keep and well your one came "Top of the Tractor Mags"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was very (pleasantly) surprised to see it in the local shop this evening. Wasn't expecting it til next Friday.

Just done a quick scan and there seems to be a huge amount of excellent content for a change as usual.

Well done Rory & team.

:D

Cheers Justin :)  appreciated :) Nice to see your article from the Scottish County Club, Bill 8)

Glad you liked it Paul...it was a rather enjoyable Sunday with nice weather, good company, very very good food, outdoors, fresh air and good exercise. I can't wait to see them in action at their silage weekend in 2014. A lot of them will be at BA Stores mid May 2014 but I have ploughing and mowing to do there so photographic coverage could be minimalistic from me on the County area.

I must say  Paul they are a club that just goes that bit further as they grow older to come up with something different each year 8)

Glad you liked it Paul...it was a rather enjoyable Sunday with nice weather, good company, very very good food, outdoors, fresh air and good exercise. I can't wait to see them in action at their silage weekend in 2014. A lot of them will be at BA Stores mid May 2014 but I have ploughing and mowing to do there so photographic coverage could be minimalistic from me on the County area.

I must say  Paul they are a club that just goes that bit further as they grow older to come up with something different each year 8)

They must be run by a team of the right people Bill :) ...... From what iv'e seen in reports in Classic and what I've seen on here, the Scottish County club seem to want to go the extra mile in what they do and not sit back and freewheel along. 8)  8)  That's a great outlook for a club to have ;)   

picked up mine today wot a fine example of 595 and a 592

Rory it harked back to the sample edition of Classic tractor 13 years ago with the 595s

ive still got that in the loft        I remember the 595 restoration by mauice I think his name was  evedry issue since has been

as good and keeps getting better

They must be run by a team of the right people Bill :) ...... From what iv'e seen in reports in Classic and what I've seen on here, the Scottish County club seem to want to go the extra mile in what they do and not sit back and freewheel along. 8)  8)  That's a great outlook for a club to have ;)   

Yes I would say so Paul. Chairman Charlie Gray cut his teeth on Fords and County's and worked them in his fathers agricultural contracting business. Charlie now sells New Holland's so he has blue blood. His partner Frances is their secretary and is a great organiser and communicator and gets things done. Last but not least is James Stewart of Stewart trailers who served his time as a mechanic on Fords with Aberdeen Tractors before working in Australia  and or New Zealand for a while before setting up Stewart's trailers. Again James has a fair touch of blue in him.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply but I had to thank Rory for such an excellent issue .I loved the piece on 1980s fords and the focus on TWs was excellent especially seeing as my neighbour Chris Sullivan and his minter of a 15 was featured .Thanks again Rory ! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FNHIR,

Blue man is right, it's in there, but it's in a different position this time because it's part of our Agritechnica show report. We decided to do an 'alternative' look at Agritechnica, focusing on the new machines, milestones and of course the models.

Hope you enjoy it.

Regards

Rory

Archived