Scottish National Tractor Show - Lanark - 20 / 21 September 2014

BC

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winner of the light commercials...shame about the quality of the photo...it does not do it justice.

IMG_5010_zps1aad0ce8.jpg

IMG_5011_zps33a2c1de.jpg

IMG_5012_zpsd11f07a3.jpg

Now I was really impressed with the restoration of this Albion and also a pictorial story of the lorry in its working day and also the restoration. I awarded this lorry

Commercial class 1951 to 1975

Best Heavy Commercial and

Commercial Show Champion

IMG_5013_zps25865991.jpg

IMG_5014_zpse396b4f3.jpg

IMG_5015_zpsfb19c93f.jpg

My mum Lynn would just like to say........

"Thank you for a brilliant weekend :), you make us feel so welcome abit like having an extended family ;) Thank you to all my little guinea pigs for testing the tarts,The triple chocolate tart with chocolate pastry and The orange tart both went down well..... Thumbs up all round 8)   Saturday night was a brilliant night with fantastic food and amazing atmosphere, God willing we'll do it all again next year .... ( note to Mark...... maybe Specsavers could be a good idea for the menu!!) :laugh:  :laugh: Though after seeing Kenny dressed like a mad postie a bit of thought will have to go into next years costume..... ::) maybe a name change to Ernie and a bottle of milk perhaps??? :laugh:  :laugh:"

If any of the mad bunch have any suggestions on a "special cake" for next years 10th anniversary show, would be glad to hear your ideas......

Keep safe well and happy until we meet up again :).

Lynn xx

just lyk to thank the beeton family for inviting me up to display this year, and thank Brian for taking the time to come get me and take me up to the show, and to Shirley for running me back to Dumfries, really really enjoyed this weekend, and will second what Paul said, the mad bunch are lyk extended family, always made feel so welcome, and with me with my depression it means so much to me to have friends lyk everyone there, yes Paul I think specsavers will be on the cards before next year ha ha!, both meals I had, they Chinese on the Friday night and the meal with everyone for Shirleys birthday on the Sat night were delish, couldn't fault them, only thing I will hope for next year is that I can get Louise to come with me next year iknow she would really enjoy it, thanks again to everyone who was there

My mum Lynn would just like to say........

"Thank you for a brilliant weekend , you make us feel so welcome abit like having an extended family  Thank you to all my little guinea pigs for testing the tarts,The triple chocolate tart with chocolate pastry and The orange tart both went down well..... Thumbs up all round    Saturday night was a brilliant night with fantastic food and amazing atmosphere, God willing we'll do it all again next year .... ( note to Mark...... maybe Specsavers could be a good idea for the menu!!)  Though after seeing Kenny dressed like a mad postie a bit of thought will have to go into next years costume.....  maybe a name change to Ernie and a bottle of milk perhaps???   :laugh:"

If any of the mad bunch have any suggestions on a "special cake" for next years 10th anniversary show, would be glad to hear your ideas......

Keep safe well and happy until we meet up again 

Lynn xx

It was a close thing when it came to judging the cakes since both were very good but if I had been given the task of judging the cakes Sunday's orange tart was the show champion for me with Saturday's  chocolate cake being a close runner up ;D  ;D

Next years cake...well it has to be a Scottish theme so why not a cake with Tartan icing :huh:   :unsure:

It was a close thing when it came to judging the cakes since both were very good but if I had been given the task of judging the cakes Sunday's orange tart was the show champion for me with Saturday's  chocolate cake being a close runner up ;D  ;D

Next years cake...well it has to be a Scottish theme so why not a cake with Tartan icing :huh:   :unsure:

I can only echo what everyone else has already said,fantastic weekend,and would you believe it,you DO get Tartan icing,http://www.rainbowsugarcraft.co.uk/Edible%20Tartan%20Sheets/0_CAAA832_CAAA668/PRAD026.htm

Tartanicing_zps60a222a0.jpg

Regards

Joe

Now there's a thought!!! ;) ;)

I thought there would have been more photo's of the displays,but with Bill,doing othere articles his will come later,I took a few up stairs,so I will post them here,starting with Mark (bay)

Lanark2014001JPGre_zpsef003a54.jpg

Then Brian's

Lanark2014002JPGre_zps3a92bb62.jpg

Then Andy the joiner

Lanark2014004JPGre_zpse8a9a1d5.jpg

Then Andy's son Alfie

Lanark2014005JPGre_zps3743c393.jpg

Then Paul Armstrong

Lanark2014003JPGre_zps5b9a6ee9.jpg

Lad with the JCB's that was between my display and your dio, Joe is "Dodgy" Dave Holden :laugh:  :laugh:.... Along with my late dad we were the 3 founding members of Ribble Valley Model Farm..... and it doesn't seem 9 years ago since our first team outing to the Scottish National at Lanark.... and here's a pic from way back then.... ;) Funny thing is it doesn't seem that long ago...... :laugh:

post-3371-0-50223400-1411479819_thumb.jp

Now I don't want to throw a spanner in the works....well I can't...I'm not a time served mechanic..only a hobby one on pre 1957 tractors..... ;D  ;D ...but from my writing (or ramblings as some may think) and my records of  my Britain's purchases I bought various models from Pictoy, A&B Holmes and A N other on 25/09/2005 at Lanark.

That being the case and if my arithmetic is correct (I have gone rusty on that of late) that was year one so the 2014 show must have been the 10th one :huh:

Anyway...... maybe it will be the 10th show from our friends from the Ribble Valley so I'll be happy to toast and taste a piece of cake from their 10th visit to Lanark  ;D  ;D

Just received an e-mail from Alzheimer's and the contributions that were given at Lanark have totalled £211.04.    Thank you very much to everyone that contributed.  Also a big thank you to Rachael our very talented niece who played the violin throughout the weekend.

Great to hear about that contribution Kenny and I think I asked the rather talented musical young Rachael to play "The Hens March to The Midden" both last year and this year...last year she said she didn't have the music sheets with her and this year she just smiled....anyway please encourage her to practice during the coming year in between playing in the Pipe Band which her dad Rob proudly showed me a photo of her on his phone.

some very nice pics there.. I had my tractor over at Lanark in 2004 and at that time there was no model displays, its nice to see them now part of the show, i found Lanark a great place and we had a great time all weekend...well done to the model men and women for taking the time to set up the great displays, i hope to get back again one day although im a lot busier now than i was in 2004!!!!!

Archived