Siku cambridge roller history?

Light Land

We've all got a set, but with no decals on the model it's hard to know what they were based on.Could anyone shed any light on the history of the folding rolls Siku made many moons ago? Anyone know what they were based on?

Thanks for any help

ol.

I have been wondering the same think Ol. My guess was that the machine is loosely based on Väderstad's Rollex cambridge roller. This machine:

4024.jpg

It looks very similar and the Siku model was originally in red as well? Knowing Siku it might have been an (unknown) German manufacturer though? Also the fact that it was later made with yellow rollers makes it look even more Väderstad? The original was just black rollers though and they also did a blue version?

To be honest Ol i only got a set of the Siku rollers early on this year  ::)  for the farm set up  always had the Britains ones but :)

I have seen a brouchre recently for cousins rollers, and they look pretty much like the siku set, frames the same pretty much the same on them on the folding arms bit to, heres the pics from the add , I doubt siku knew of them brand wise, but like most kit I suspect someone made them all, and they just painted and decaled to brand , bit like weeks trailers do mf 200 trailers

post-44-0-45252300-1398965229_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-32008100-1398965238_thumb.jpg

Doubtful Siku as a German manufacturer would focus on a (small) British manufacturers. Think the most recent roller they did (both with tyres and 'cast iron') were both Gebr. Tigges?

Doubtful Siku as a German manufacturer would focus on a (small) British manufacturers. Think the most recent roller they did (both with tyres and 'cast iron') were both Gebr. Tigges?

Agreed 100% , for me it's just about finding a possible real life model I could brand a siku roller as. :)

Archived