DAVID BROWN/CASE/CASEIH 90-94 tractors

anyone heard anymore of prototype images or release dates on these model tractors yet ?

I cant wait to see them myself

love it if they bought out a 1390-94 but I doubt that will ever happen now :/

Fingers crossed UH wont make a balls of them. 

Not to sure about that Justin,the only info I could find was via Facebook,and someone on there seems to think they are wrong,

UHDB_zps9e27fbdc.jpg

Regards

Joe.

to be honest if they did follow that up in those colours then ild still buy them as ild re colour or re decal them to their correct

configureation  its not hard to do bu then again its even easier if ura gian model manufacturer to get it right

but were all jumping the gun till we actualy see a proto type in 1/32

The initial report was that the D.B was going to be a 1490, 2 wheel drive, orchid white and power red, not the later Case 'magpie' as pictured in Joe's post, they might of used those pictures just to give an idea of what's supposed to be coming.

it is early days,and until you actually see the finished model how can people say its wrong? research by the moaner first,if it is wrong then you can moan,lets face it uh have made some cock ups and perhaps thats why that person is flapping,but just wait

Concerning right and wrong in what is correct or incorrect on models, especially 'classics', we have to remember that even  the most recent tractors in this category are now knocking on for 30 years old, I know 1984 seems like yesterday but there it is and a lot of them have had non-genuine factor parts fitted either in maintenance terms or restoration and these parts are far from the original, seats for one spring to mind. The model manufacturers in their 'research' don't know this, they take a tractor for face value and what it is when they photograph and measure it up and whatever is bolted to it that's what they replicate. We mustn't be too hard on them but perhaps when they apply to the copyright, brand owners and the manufacturers of the real thing perhaps they should also, which I understand they don't do now, is have a copy of the original blueprint drawings for the tractor, then there would be no excuses for inaccuracies.

When approached by the toy and model manufacturers  the tractor Companies, if they gave them license to replicate their products insisted that a fully finished model, what we now call the prototype, was submitted to the Company's top brass for scrutiny and accuracy as far as the scale of the toy or model and manufacturing process would allow, for their approval and in order for this to be accomplished a full set of blueprints were given to them, but as I said, they don't now. I find it a bit strange though that small model producers, small in the sense of 'workshop out the back', can get a model spot on and the large mass production churn them out by the hundred thousand, can and do get things so obviously wrong, I'm sure it affects sales but has little effect on the total volume sold Worldwide, if the relative percentage was the same for the minor producers they'd be out of business in the blink of an eye. There was in the distant past a vast difference between a toy tractor and a model tractor and in who each was intended for, a child would never be given a model tractor, that was for the adult, I'm talking here the difference between a Dinky Massey Harris or Field Marshall and a Chad Valley E27N Major or a Nuffield DM3 or even a Denzil Skinner David Brown 25D but since the mid 1960's the difference has become not so far apart, nor have the prices and as time, manufacturing processes progress and materials used improve and passes the two are now becoming one.

Also depends very much which manufacturer your talking about Tim. Universal Hobbies is probably one of the worst, if not THE worst, for producing inaccuracy's in their models. Even brand new stuff, take the Case IH Puma for example, or the modern-classic MF's were nearly all terrible for detail. Also, I think some of the detail gets lost in translation to the 32nd scale. Thinks might look a bit odd or can't be scaled properly.

The small manufacturers that you talk about produce models because they have a love for the trade and modelling. UH don't give a damn whether they have to produce barbies, tractors or cars. They are purely there for the profit. As you rightly state the overall sales volume probably won't be affected a great deal and they will probably still be regarded as toys mainly. This probably won't ever change. Luckily company's like Tomy/Britains hired Rory Day for the 50 series tractors to get them absolutely spot on as they recognise people DO spot the errors. Glad there are experts to help the manufacturers out. But even that isn't flawless as in a lot of cases the so called experts don't know it for sure themselves. If a model is wrongly restored the model will have the same errors. This goes especially for stuff like paint. Whether it is 1/32nd scale or the real deal restoring tractors people will always have a difficulty to get it a 100% accurate.

well it will be very interesting to see ...I will buy them nomatter what like allot of the ford and massy massive did and go by my

own experience one thing is for sure the weight frame on our 1494 from brand new would be considerd inaccurate with the

production run as we never spent on new weights so it came from the dealers with a layland front weight frame as we had old

Leyland weights the same on our later case ih 1394 as it had the ford 6600 style weights ......they are an acessary to dear to buy back in the

day for some of us farmers even on brand new tack so I do understand how hard it is to find a genuine 100% whole tractor based on

publicity brocheurs ect but there are online clubs like DBTC that would love to help manufacturers such as UH maybe they even have done time will tell

il be butchering up 3 or 4 for my own good ..the 1490 and 1494 were good tractors in their day our hydroshift on the magpie 1494  did 6000 hrs before we had the local dealer re do it I think back in the day it took 3 weeks but the dealer was good and kind enough to give us equivalent models

ok the 1412 flat deck was ropy to say the least but then we had a 1594 demo the last 2 weeks well worth the wait in the end .....

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Now where have I seen that posted up on the Forum before I wonder! ;) Three light bulbs in the room have been changed since and we now have Windows 8.1 :)

Talking Windows, anyone had an 'invite' from Windows to install the new Windows 10 for free? Subject for a separate 'everything else' topic perhaps.

Archived