Chipping Steam Fair 24th-26th May 2014

Valley Axe Man

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and Lastly for today from the outside pics are the three tractors being pressed into towing off and shunting services, the Ford 7610 being owned and driven by good mate Mark Strange that has replaced his last years trusty 6810 on recovery duty :) after the rain made some parts of the field abit soft and greasy and after a bit of traffic quickly turned a mud bog

IMG_1421_zpsb75bf7e9.jpg

IMG_1420_zps03ad82af.jpg

IMG_1377_zps35716516.jpg

Will post up a few more pics tomorrow, hopefully of a few more steamers and a handful more from the model displays, along with a few cars too.

Thanks for looking so far :)

Nice selection of commercials ands tractors there Paul. In addition nice to see the Farmall A roped on to the old lorry instead of hi viz coloured ratchet straps 8) Hope the weather for day 3 is kind to you.

Thanks Bill, when I seen the Farmall roped on I though it would be worth a pic or two as I knew you'd appreciate seeing it  :) Aye fingers crossed today is a better day, didn't hear any rain during the night and it not a bad morning here so far, and as you look back across the valley toward the show the sky looks to be clear over there too.

Thanks to all who's looked and liked so far.... more pics from today will be posted on this evening :)

IMG_1368_zps2388f12a.jpg

I'm wondering if this 6x4 Thames Trader has a link to County Tractors ::).... Back in the day County Commercials of Fleet in Hampsire offered a similar conversion of 6x2 and 6x4 which continued through to the later "D" series Ford trucks (after which Ford offered these themselves) for site work such as tippers and concrete mixers.... I couldn't see any markings around the chassis that were visible but not a run of the mill version of the Trader so possible there could be a link to the more common products of County. I'm not too much of a Truck man but just got a feeling about this one. :)

I'm wondering if this 6x4 Thames Trader has a link to County Tractors ::).... Back in the day County Commercials of Fleet in Hampsire offered a similar conversion of 6x2 and 6x4 which continued through to the later "D" series Ford trucks (after which Ford offered these themselves) for site work such as tippers and concrete mixers.... I couldn't see any markings around the chassis that were visible but not a run of the mill version of the Trader so possible there could be a link to the more common products of County. I'm not too much of a Truck man but just got a feeling about this one. :)

That question popped into my head when I saw this picture, Maybe there's a serial no. plate in the cab?

I did a search for Thames Traders,and it seems like they were used for virtually everything,but there again,they were very common back in the late 60's early 70's,I remember getting a lift in one to Edinburgh in my late teens,lots of images here,http://www.flickriver.com/groups/2578635@N25/pool/interesting/ sadly not many County's

Regards

Joe.

Just home from the final and sunny last day at the show and unloaded as the pics upload to Photobucket ;) Many thanks to the team and special thanks to John and Joanne for the extra pair of hands tonight loading up and clearing away. It much appreciated :)

That question popped into my head when I saw this picture, Maybe there's a serial no. plate in the cab?

I did a search for Thames Traders,and it seems like they were used for virtually everything,but there again,they were very common back in the late 60's early 70's,I remember getting a lift in one to Edinburgh in my late teens,lots of images here,http://www.flickriver.com/groups/2578635@N25/pool/interesting/ sadly not many County's
Regards
Joe.

Mmm thanks for the input on the Thames traders :) Although John (JMD) Dewhurst played detective this afternoon and after a brief chat after tracking down the Traders owner it's actually an AWD conversion rather than a County one and before restoration spent time in a quarry as a dumper and also spent time with a lime spreader body fitted before current owner restored it to it's as now condition ;) Well Done to John for sorting that one out 8)

IMG_1432_zps7f70754c.jpg

IMG_1430_zpsa583d69f.jpg

IMG_1481_zpsfcd859b0.jpg

That's all from my photo round up of Chipping Steam fair 2014. Thanks for looking and liking, and also thanks to John, Joanne, Matt, Tom, Mark, Lisa, Mark, Dodgy Dave, and my mum for the team effort at supporting the show with the model section. Roll on next year..... hopefully it'll be a bit drier and even bigger than this year!! ;):) :)

Archived