Ford Farm

Old Ford

thats tidy mark, how thick is the layer to get that finish then?? i ordered a sheet material of mandy for the ditches on ash tree, but do wonder how far i would get with some of that

it's about 5mm to 7mm aprox , the stream / river is around 2/ 4mm deep. The big kit which is just short of £20 , did four water troughs as well as the pond and stream. I think its excellent stuff, very easy to use to .

painted underneath?? i have white insulation down you see, althugh a gravel base might work

it may eat in to the insulation if its like the polystyrene cups, they say dont use them to mix with. if you could make up a  water prof barrier i'd think it would be ok Fraser is the chap to talk to.

will have a word with them two at malvern then, see what they recon, cheers mate

My friend swears by this stuff. He make a river for his toy soldier layout and it looks the mutts! I believe he used a product called water putty (in the US) and he sealed the base and sides with it. Works a treat.

http://www.waterputty.com/

We tried loads of different products before we found Magic Water and they all cracked and yellowed within a couple of months (no matter how expensive they were!), plus there were problems if you wanted deeper water :-\ It's the only product we recommend now.

Glad it worked for your Mark - the pond certainly looks the business. :-*:-*

My friend swears by this stuff. He make a river for his toy soldier layout and it looks the mutts! I believe he used a product called water putty (in the US) and he sealed the base and sides with it. Works a treat.

http://www.waterputty.com/

I'll have a look at that Scott - might be worth importing it :-\

We tried loads of different products before we found Magic Water and they all cracked and yellowed within a couple of months (no matter how expensive they were!), plus there were problems if you wanted deeper water :-\ It's the only product we recommend now.

Glad it worked for your Mark - the pond certainly looks the business. :-*:-*

when you say deep, what are we talking?, 100mm??....if you were to do a long ditch, similar to the drains in the fens ( @ 1:32 scale!!!!), would you recommend doing it it sections??

when you say deep, what are we talking?, 100mm??....if you were to do a long ditch, similar to the drains in the fens ( @ 1:32 scale!!!!), would you recommend doing it it sections??

With Magic Water it doesn't matter how deep you won't need to do it in sections (as with similar products). You can just simply pour it in to the required depth and leave it.

The most important thing to remember is that it will find any holes in your base - just like real water. So sealing first is very important (we used PVA and varnish).

I'll have a look at that Scott - might be worth importing it :-\

Why ??? ... you have a SUPERB product with a proven track record now 'me ansome' .. I'd stick with this one..

Mark... that is superb buddy... hats off to you..

Now... your next trick.. polyfilla... drive the tractor through it to leave wheelings... tiny drop of this stuff in the bottom of each cleat mark  :of:P :P :P :P  .. imagine a gateway like that... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet