Ford Farm

Old Ford

Lovely mate!! Had a thought today for something you may like to make, would look pefect in that paddock. . ......  A creep feeder (linkage mounted for moving around the farm.)

With your metalwork skills you were the first person I thought of when I saw one in a field. Not that I am hinting at wanting one or anything  ::)

I think britfarmer made one of those a while back....  :-\

Wasn't me, some on the forum did though, pics and post were lost in the move. I am buggered if I can remember who it was though...was made from an old twose transport box (that I do remember) :)

Couple of pics of one I was looking at making though

• 2 weeks later...

Thats spot on mate, the gaps are a bit big but to be honest they have to be coz the Britains cows can't fold their ears back to get their heads through like the real ones do!!! You ought to do some mishaped ones aswell to show some age a little bit. Where they have been moved with the loader and what not.

:)

that is one of the mishaped ones Tris. :D :D i thought the gaps where a bit big. started with two opposite each other then 4 then filled in the gaps with one more, two more was to smaller gap. :( oh well you live and learn. :D :D

Even your cock ups are perfect Mark!!!

Looks good to me, if you made the gaps  to the right size you wouldn't be able to show the cows with their heads through so probably better that you did it like that.

that looks pretty good OF, if the top was lower it would be a dead ringer for a sheep feeder. If you were doing another one I'd say do it wider, because feeders tend to be a good bit bigger than the bale any way, usaully about 7 feet across ;)