Bales

Jordan_coe2012

Question

10 answers to this question

There is a certain type of woolly pipe cladding you can get that I use for straw bales. I think it is called some thing along the lines of felt strip pipe cladding.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Felt-Pipe-Sleeving-PK3/p/210456

Then once you have striped it off the backing glue it to a round bit of wood such as an old curtain rail. Any way I am sure the same principle would work with allot of different stuff.

Don't know if you want wrapped bales but I used real bale wrap pulled around bits of the silver pipe cladding that comes in long strips as it gives the right shape on the corners.  :) 

D9049210454_300Wx300H.jpg

D9049210456_515Wx515H.jpg

have seen the hanging basket ones before, and they look good, for grass ones, just remember to remove the plastic membrane you get on some of them for the edges, the ones I saw were bound by what looked like scrim tape, the stuff they use to join plaster board ,looked like it had been dirtied up from its white finish to blend it in . its also very light so most front loader/ telehandlers will stay up for dio purposes

Or another version to what Paul suggests is to use finely chopped sisal rope rather than MDF and you can even make the bales simply by cutting two circles of thick cardboard and wrapping a strip of cereal packet card around them. If its hay your after just spray them green once you've done.

Archived