Ford combine brochures

excellent , I never knew of any ford badged equipment other than tractors

There was a large range of ford badged machinery. Both arable and grassland. But I don't know if it was sold in the UK or it was just America.

Most of the kit was made in North America (the balers were manufactured by Gehl, for example) and sold only in that region. When I was in New Zealand 15 years ago I found a conventional Ford baler in a dealer's yard though. A pic of was in issue 3 of Classic Tractor. 

'Alf' will like this. These are from the early 80s Ford when was still marketing Claas combines in North America but they were Claas-badged and had an additional decal 'marketed thru Ford dealers'. The livery was a hybrid of Ford blue and Claas red and white.

post-3422-0-91724900-1420973255_thumb.jp

post-3422-0-96944000-1420973297_thumb.jp

post-3422-0-11654500-1420973340_thumb.jp

Look at the Ford 642 and then at a Claas Dominator David ;) Just think when USK releases the Dominator 85 if someone was to respray it in Ford colours then that would be something different in there collection!

attachicon.gifdownload.jpgattachicon.gifimages (2).jpg

That crossed my mind also a couple of weeks ago. I've been asking around about to see if it is feasable to get a Claas one in blue. Let me know if someone is interested in having one and someone doing the job

These are interesting combines and nice brochures. Mind sound strange now Claas doing blue combines but back then pretty normal I guess. I wonder how many were done for Ford and if there are still some working? Later in got even more funnier as Claas started doing combines for Massey Ferguson in North America!

post-755-0-60850500-1421001691_thumb.jpg

This is the complete list of the early Ford combines made by others:

Ford 611 = Oliver 25

Ford 620 = Claas Consul with smaller engine and grain tank

Ford 630 = Claas Senator

Ford 640 = Claas Mercator

Ford 622 = Claas Consul

Ford 642 = Claas Dominator 85

As far as I know, only the Claas Senator could be converted to a Ford, because these are now available in 1/32 (Norev) and 1/43 (Schuco).

• 3 weeks later...

'Alf' will like this. These are from the early 80s Ford when was still marketing Claas combines in North America but they were Claas-badged and had an additional decal 'marketed thru Ford dealers'. The livery was a hybrid of Ford blue and Claas red and white.

Ha ha well, never seen that before, you must have a stash!! ;-)

Archived