Harvest Travels 2014

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you've had a very good hunt David last season. I have seen most on FB but still nice to view them all on here. Is it the way you have photographed them or does the areas you photo in really show a mixed bag of manufacturers? If you compare it to East Anglia for example that is all Claas, Claas, Claas, Claas, JD, Claas Claas Claas, NH, Claas Claas etc.. but seems pretty much all combine makers are featured here with a slight advantage for Claas and NH? (esp the smaller machines).

I was wondering if you ever photo'd at Warter Priory Estate but that is answered now. Not 10 combines in a row. ;D

Looks like you've had a very good hunt David last season. I have seen most on FB but still nice to view them all on here. Is it the way you have photographed them or does the areas you photo in really show a mixed bag of manufacturers? If you compare it to East Anglia for example that is all Claas, Claas, Claas, Claas, JD, Claas Claas Claas, NH, Claas Claas etc.. but seems pretty much all combine makers are featured here with a slight advantage for Claas and NH? (esp the smaller machines).

I was wondering if you ever photo'd at Warter Priory Estate but that is answered now. Not 10 combines in a row. ;D

Thanks ever so much Niels. I had an absolutely amazing summer combine chasing last year, my best yet. It's definitely down to the variety of areas I travelled to that enabled me to photograph such a broad spectrum of manufacturers. I covered a lot of land around North Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, all across North Yorkshire,and up the North East Coast into Cleveland. It's amazing what you can find if you choose an area to circulate and then cover all of the back roads in between. Claas and New Holland still the dominant brands.

It was good to catch up with two of Warter Priory's four Lexion 580 combines. Just a shame they wouldn't let me chase up and down the field because of health and safety. Fair enough, I respected their wishes and still managed to get a few nice shots. :)

Archived