Harvest Travels 2014

The Tractor Twitcher

And quite rare as well! Especially the newer machines I find. A lot ended up in Eastern Europe. Think they have a tendency of setting themselves alight (in true Claas fashion) and the threshing system is not the best compared to a Lesbian. Just the looks especially the front view! Fab!

Now, where is your nearest airport? ^-^

I've heard a few negative stories regards the CS threshing system......issues caused largely by uneducated operators. They're easily one of my favourite combines just because of they way they look. Impressive! :)

Nearest airport is Robin Hood near Doncaster just up the road from me. :) 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice David!

Thanks again for posting :)

I'm with you - do love those old Commandors/CS machines, very imposing look!! although as you say - maybe not one of the best. Years ago, Alan had 3 CS machines on the go - along with some Mega's, and the although the CS was the Claas flagship in its day - the 218 mega would always outperform the CS machines.

PS a nice AVR four row harvester waiting to be photographed.... ;)

Best regards.

Very nice David!

Thanks again for posting :)

I'm with you - do love those old Commandors/CS machines, very imposing look!! although as you say - maybe not one of the best. Years ago, Alan had 3 CS machines on the go - along with some Mega's, and the although the CS was the Claas flagship in its day - the 218 mega would always outperform the CS machines.

PS a nice AVR four row harvester waiting to be photographed.... ;)

Best regards.

Thanks ever so much John, you're very welcome. Thanks again for pointing in me of the 228, and for a fantastic afternoon taking pictures of Alan's Lexions,amazing sight. I'll definitely have to get some more trips planned over in the same direction. :)

I've heard a few negative stories regards the CS threshing system......issues caused largely by uneducated operators. They're easily one of my favourite combines just because of they way they look. Impressive! :)

Nearest airport is Robin Hood near Doncaster just up the road from me. :)

Ah well I might be allowed to steal from the rich then and help myself get over there with my camera's. ;D

Archived