Harvest Travels 2014

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks ever so much Niels. I had an absolutely amazing summer combine chasing last year, my best yet. It's definitely down to the variety of areas I travelled to that enabled me to photograph such a broad spectrum of manufacturers. I covered a lot of land around North Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, all across North Yorkshire,and up the North East Coast into Cleveland. It's amazing what you can find if you choose an area to circulate and then cover all of the back roads in between. Claas and New Holland still the dominant brands.

It was good to catch up with two of Warter Priory's four Lexion 580 combines. Just a shame they wouldn't let me chase up and down the field because of health and safety. Fair enough, I respected their wishes and still managed to get a few nice shots. :)

Of course a massive area I imagine, you're bound to find some nice variations there. Some lovely finds! Especially the older machines but also the Axial-Flows.

Britain's farming at it's best then with elf 'n safety! Good thing WPE fly a drone themselves to film stuff that surely won't crash down on any one! Or even worse, kill a pheasant!

Of course a massive area I imagine, you're bound to find some nice variations there. Some lovely finds! Especially the older machines but also the Axial-Flows.

Britain's farming at it's best then with elf 'n safety! Good thing WPE fly a drone themselves to film stuff that surely won't crash down on any one! Or even worse, kill a pheasant!

Thanks Niels. Delighted with the different combines i've been able to photograph in recent years. :)

He's out there in the warm and the cold

Looking for the new and the old

It may be of corn or of a spud

Sometimes upto his knees in mud

He'll travel here and there

Driving or walking for miles without a care

Trying to find the ideal picture

That's why they call him the tractortwitcher.

Bet that's the first time you've had a poem done about you David ;)  ;D  ;D

Now there's a first!....Absolutely spot on too Mark, had one or two entertaining walks to reach certain machines from where I was parked, especially those three New Holland combines at Barnoldby-le-Beck! Thanks mate. :)  

I thought i'd sneak these in here too....Photographs from my harvest travels towards the back end of 2013. They follow a trip I made over towards the west coast of Lanacashire to see contractor Alan Johnson's fleet of Claas Lexion combines in action near Burscough and Ormskirk. Massive thank you to forum member JEP ( John ) for helping me arrange this trip and a visit to see another combine at work whilst I was over there. What an amazing trip! John can be seen in my photographs operating the Claas Lexion 510. Thanks again John, hopefully i'll be able to make a few trips over to see you this coming harvest. :)

P1370439_zpsvt9wpcyo.jpg

P1370444_zps9qz92gdl.jpg

P1370456_zpshe2ouazz.jpg

P1370463_zpsubabrcfr.jpg

P1370483_zpsqwqvsxx1.jpg

Always had a massive soft spot for Commandors and Dominator CS's and this is no different. What a beauty! Have you got a spare bed David?? I will come down there to hunt for it 8);D

Very smart, and impressive looking combines Niels. If you're ever over here you're more than welcome stay, and join me on a day's photography....Especially as I have a 115CS to chase down this year. :)

And quite rare as well! Especially the newer machines I find. A lot ended up in Eastern Europe. Think they have a tendency of setting themselves alight (in true Claas fashion) and the threshing system is not the best compared to a Lesbian. Just the looks especially the front view! Fab!

Now, where is your nearest airport? ^-^

Archived