BBC 2 Harvest 2015 Program

Oakley Farms

image.thumb.jpg.ffd74a66c0493b44af5764ee

The first episode tonight, anybody see it? I personally thought it was fantastic, an improvement on last year which was good and i feel its exactly what this industry needs, so many know so little about where there food comes from, how it is achieved and the lengths growers go to to meet consumer demands, great education, long may this continue as an ambassador for great british agriculture. 

I thought it was a great show and it showed farmers in a really good light, it showed how much goes into growing, packing and preparing food for the supermarkets.

G shropshires farms are literally all around me!!    Terrific farm, 10,000 acres with virtually all tractor brands across it..................Lots of JDs & NHs, Fendt 900s, Challengers, Valtras and several CASE machines all on tracks from a new 620 Quaddy to small Maxuum 110s.

I took these pictures on the June open day.

Brit Museum, UH Fendt, Open farm sunday 040.JPG

Brit Museum, UH Fendt, Open farm sunday 034.JPG

Brit Museum, UH Fendt, Open farm sunday 029.JPG

Couldn't agree more, a fantastic spotlight on agriculture. Such a variety in the show with passionate presenters. I thought tonights show was good to cover up front issues such as the decline in potato consumption and the dairy crisis, hopefully put across to a wide audience problems faced in the industry driven by consumer and supermarkets. I particulaly enjoyed the cereals part and the hay family came across very well. It gives me a great buzz to work in this industry everyday.

Archived