Mark's (Lord Ferguson's) latest tractors

Lord Ferguson

Hi Folks... just thought I'd give you a quick update on what I've been wasting my hard-earned on in recent times..

So the 5480 was sold just before 'last years' (seems funny to say that) harvest having clocked up about 4500 hours without missing a single beat. 

Anyway... 40kmh was killing me (or so it seemed right after I borrowed a mates 50k tractor !) ... so a new MF6614 Dyna 6 was purchased .. fitted with a 966 loader - quite some beast she is too. As always, the kettle is on in Cambridge if anyone is passing and fancies a test drive.

I also bought a Richard Western 14t High Speed grain trailer for a bit of contracting around Harvest time.. Not the best made thing I've bought... Bailey next time... why oh why I went away from them I will never know.. the RW was not cheap either.. bet very badly put together with some cheap parts

20150805_091447441_iOS.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and I also couldn't resist this Kubota B7100 4wd ... would you believe she's a 1990 build and done a genuine 86 hours from new ! 

Not the best image .. but she's in one of the building up out or harms way .. she's got a loader as well... and a set of Ag wheels & tyres too

20151016_164840493_iOS.jpg

I bought some 250kg wheel weights recently as this loader is a tad longer in the beam than the older 955 I ran previously .. with a greater lift too it make her a little unsteady on her feet with the bucket in the air ! .. much better with an extra 500kg down so low now though.

20151126_111805547_iOS.jpg

21 minutes ago, MDFord said:

Very smart (for a red one) Mark :P 

Have you still got the 240 ?  

Nice to see you on here again btw.

Thanks Mark... my new years resolution is to keep better in touch with people .. I sold the 240 last year mate ... I didn't use her for a good 12 months and someone local was desperate to own her. Must say I don't really regret it.. on the basis that she's now doing something worthwhile

1 minute ago, paulali said:

that last picture is perfect Mark,you dont have copyright do you?;) the picture is going right off to Henri Walker,i want some decals done for the loader on the britains 6616

now anytime you have spare Mark, a picture head on of the rear of the tractor would be brilliant::)

22 minutes ago, Jdeere6910 said:

Lovely tractor Marky, are you finding it more or less maneuverable than the 5480?

Thanks Pat... probably about the same in terms of how manoeuvrable she is... but a lot more comfortable.. faster and usable in terms of the functions this one has.

2 minutes ago, paulali said:

now anytime you have spare Mark, a picture head on of the rear of the tractor would be brilliant::)

Ok Paul... will do it tomorrow... got this one from when I fitted a reversing light .. but I assume you want the entire thing mate ?

20150919_093720793_iOS.jpg

12 minutes ago, paulali said:

that last picture is perfect Mark,you dont have copyright do you?;) the picture is going right off to Henri Walker,i want some decals done for the loader on the britains 6616

Not at al Paul... can get you a better one if you like mate ? ... 

10 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

Nice pics Marky mate. Shame to hear your not happy with the western trailer, we run a ten toner and I have to say we are really pleased with it. Has yours had to have any repairs?

Yes indeed Chris... it did about 50 loads this harvest (was put new into the field) ... since then it's had a new spring hanger and spring.. one new tipping ram and one new tailgate ram .. not good hey :/ .... I have since had a rollover sheet fitted too.. at least that works.

What was more disappointing was the attitude when I dared to ask for it to be repaired .. I ended up having to be a bit rude and forceful to their MD Angus Western in the end to get some action. I won't be buying one again I can assure you of that. Dealer told me they were building them in Eastern Europe for a while and quality control seemed to decline rapidly. I bought it based on their reputation.. wish I'd bought the Rolland I looked at now... but I wanted to stay British and even local given they are based in Suffolk (didn't know about the building in Eastern Europe at the time) .. live & learn hey buddy :/ ... I will say it does tow nice and the air brakes are a dream with the load sensing valve.

9 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

Didn't know they were building them in Eastern Europe. Glad you have got it sorted now, you just need a leaping Deere on the front now to really make good use of it !!!.

Oi cheeky ! ... you know the green ones aren't ripe ! :) 

Just now, Tractorman810 said:

Mark did you get anywhere with that other mf you were on about? The Platform one we discussed 

Got a price the other day mate ... so currently in 'negations' it's fair to say .. I must admit that I do fancy one

As I work for a dealer supplying RW trailers they do seem to be a bit patchy on build had 2 customers buy 3 trailers each one set all the goodies not heard a thing from him and he'd say if there was an issue the other 3 the hyd door never shut square Rams leaked steel pipes kept blowing there was talk of taking them out and changing them for new ones this season!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Lord Ferguson said:

Ok Paul... will do it tomorrow... got this one from when I fitted a reversing light .. but I assume you want the entire thing mate ?

20150919_093720793_iOS.jpg

thats fine Mark,i just wanted one of just below the large cab glass window,thankyou,but if you want to take anymore that would be great,showing the yellow warning decals on the left and right

4 hours ago, Lord Ferguson said:

Not at al Paul... can get you a better one if you like mate ? ... 

that one you posted is spot on Mark,shows the 966 decal well and the circular white decal,exactly what i was looking for,although Mr Walker might ask for a full straight on picture of the 966,but i think what i have is fine,many thanks for replying

Archived