Mark's (Lord Ferguson's) latest tractors

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Can-o -matic ain't that the system that makes you sound like a John Deere mate ::);D 

Ha ha .. it is indeed mate .. on the MF you can press the lift button and the noise stops ... on the JQ's it makes very little difference :)

9 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

good of  you to drop in Marky and lovely  new Massey  as well .

Is that a  real Ferrari  in the background there or a  very good replica ?

Thanks bud .. good to be here. The MF is lovely to drive .. does it all for you if you know what button to press... I think I was there for 4 hours when I picked it up just 'trying' to learn the computer side of things. It's much more of a tractor than I will ever need really. I'm hankering for a smaller cabless one to play with too... watch this space. The Ferrari is a real one I am not pleased to say as they are made of monkey metal and cost a fortune to repair... she does about 1500 miles a year as that's about all I 'dare' do :)

On 19 January 2016 at 1:05 PM, ratholderen said:

great see you back Mark. I have also been away a while, but after retiring from job i have lots of time to spend at my hobbies

Hi Erik ... it's good to be back on here for a while ... retired hey .. you lucky devil you :) ... Good to spend time doing what you love hey :) 

On January 19, 2016 at 6:37 AM, Lord Ferguson said:

Thanks bud .. good to be here. The MF is lovely to drive .. does it all for you if you know what button to press... I think I was there for 4 hours when I picked it up just 'trying' to learn the computer side of things. It's much more of a tractor than I will ever need really. I'm hankering for a smaller cabless one to play with too... watch this space. The Ferrari is a real one I am not pleased to say as they are made of monkey metal and cost a fortune to repair... she does about 1500 miles a year as that's about all I 'dare' do :)

not much paint on them Ferraris  either spose it keeps them light till the driver gets in

On 22 January 2016 at 8:58 PM, Fenside MF said:

not much paint on them Ferraris  either spose it keeps them light till the driver gets in

Indeed Jamie... although this one's had a paint job .. or possibly two in the past. Not very well done either. 

• 2 months later...

This came up in conversation on Sunday

hence the dodgy MF signs arriving at bignose's house

oh I would laugh if your faithful dealership went blue 

Really feel for Craig tho as he works as hard as anyone

The only way is down for MWs now Im afraid to say..............none of the leading brands are available to them which leaves the usual suspects of Deutz and McCrapmick:-..........neither of which will do very well in the face of such strong competition locally.

4 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

I got the impression from talking to mark they have gone totally Chris, not sure of the reasons mf pulled the franchise, maybe marks not been spending enough recently ? 

Both the bumstead and Royston sites are prime locations for housing, the family will make a fortune if they sell them. It's was sad to see our local branch at steeple bumstead close, as this was the one last remaining branch that was once the great "eastern tractors." Great product and great dealership back then.

Totally gutting isnt it.

What I don't get is through my day job I get all the production no's for Ag and Con and all the tractor manufacturers production numbers are slightly up on last year in Europe..And its not just in Germany and France

5 minutes ago, Udimore said:

Totally gutting isnt it.

What I don't get is through my day job I get all the production no's for Ag and Con and all the tractor manufacturers production numbers are slightly up on last year in Europe..And its not just in Germany and France

It's being done by all the big boys. Deere did it a couple of years ago, tuckwells bought buckles etc,etc. Burdens lost out and went to new Holland.  Rationalisation is the name of the game now. TNS and crawfords will now hold the territory for agco around here now. Vestys and Bartlow estates in Cambridgeshire used to keep wetherheads open in bumstead on their own a few years back, but moved to other brands as time has gone by.

Thurlow nunn when we used them and now standen have been Massey dealers for as long as I can remember, we used to buy all out tractors from them, downham market branch , they are also a pretty big car dealer to, they have several Vauxhall dealerships around, 

TNS are just down the road from me, and about 100 yds from Ernest DOEs...................these days TNS sell mainly Fendt with just a few MFs:'(

Personally I much prefer to see the bright red of an MF to the dull green of their stablemates even if they are a better tractor.....................I think MF have been sacrificed by many Agco dealers in favour of Fendt because JD dealers were pinching sales from existing MF customers, so Agco dealers now get their red customers to turn to Fendts and have effectively put an end to these customers being  pinched by Deere!   Well certainly that's whats happened here........................anyway on a brighter note I passed an MF8737 on the way to work this morning in a field with a 2014 Fendt 936 which I know is owned by Gs salads, I recognised the MF tractor as being TNS old demo machine so Im hopeful Gs have bought it as back up to their two newish Fendt 936s:)...................I suspect they were offered a deal they could not refuse:rolleyes:.................anyway the big red looks superb with a big grey Sumo weightbox on her front links and to my knowledge is the only 8700 within a 50 mile radius or more, so its very welcome.....................Heres a pic I took of her at the 2015 cultivation event in Suffolk.

Power in Action 2015 094.JPG

Your spot on Mark. I have never really understood how crawfords and tns etc have sold all the agco range but wetherheads only sold masseys.  Does, as we all know sell CNH, but you can only get each product from separate dealership branches, Doe power and Ernest does ,as we all know. I know for a fact that certain agco dealers are just undercutting a Deere deal price with a fendt just to get a foot in the door. A friend of mine recently had a price for a 200hp Deere and a fendt. The fendt was £18k dearer so he said no, but the dealer for the fendt instantly dropped £19k just to push the Deere out. As it happens, the farmer I know kept with the Deere as he said the fendt dealers were told to give their best price from the outset, and he felt they were trying it on.  The cheapest tractors out there with all the gadgets seem to be the case's at the moment, but you get what you pay for. ( sorry smithy mate:rolleyes: I ain't doing the brand down, honest). 

4 minutes ago, COWBOY said:

I'm a huge fan of the John deeres but recently got a drive on a deutz 6160 cshift a friend of mine had out on demo, very nice tractor to drive. A lot of tractor for the money.

I've  had a go on one of those Sam, very nice. Just thought the cab was a little bit small. Pulled like a train though.

Archived