David Brown 1970's 990, 1200 and 1400 series

damu04

I've been arguing the case (no pun meant) with Bill Walters of ERTL for years.

From one main casting they could get a 1200, 1210, 1212, 1410 and 1412.

DB standard and Q cabs, and the Sekura cab like the one used on the original ERTL 3130 John Q.

2wd and 4wd.

I make that 20 variations from one main casting.

Throw on a different bonnet and smaller wheels, and you have another 20 variations using 990, 995 and 996 models.

Banging on doesn't really help at Corporate level. Either the suits "get" it or they don't.

We can always hope that Nigel Ford, Dave Purdue, Martyn Reeve, or one of the other custom builders might take it on as a project.

Banging on doesn't really help at Corporate level. Either the suits "get" it or they don't.

We can always hope that Nigel Ford, Dave Purdue, Martyn Reeve, or one of the other custom builders might take it on as a project.

Keep up chaps....! ;):) the white 990 Selectamatic is in advanced state of pattern completion, but getting it out on sale is a few months away yet. It's only taken about 5yrs to get this far!  Oh, & by the way I manufacture from scratch not custom build, as I'm sure you appreciate really. ;):)

Keep up chaps....! ;):) the white 990 Selectamatic is in advanced state of pattern completion, but getting it out on sale is a few months away yet. It's only taken about 5yrs to get this far!  Oh, & by the way I manufacture from scratch not custom build, as I'm sure you appreciate really. ;):)

Well that just has to be the best news I've heard all week!

Congratulations Nigel!

How long before the square mudguard version, and have you any plans for a Lambourn,  Victor or DB Cabbed version?

Whoopeedoo!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Well that just has to be the best news I've heard all week!

Congratulations Nigel!

How long before the square mudguard version, and have you any plans for a Lambourn,  Victor or DB Cabbed version?

Whoopeedoo!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

go you NIGEL dont know where you find the time what with current models and hastings rock

by the way i tried to listen to it on the PC  the other day but the player wasnt working shame

but the next time ur'e on could you play "rocket" by def lepard please

cheers  by the way enjoyed the chat at spalding last month

• 2 weeks later...

go you NIGEL dont know where you find the time what with current models and hastings rock

by the way i tried to listen to it on the PC  the other day but the player wasnt working shame

but the next time ur'e on could you play "rocket" by def lepard please

cheers  by the way enjoyed the chat at spalding last month

'sorry, only just seen this...'.been too busy to get on here lately. The media players have been revised, you should have better luck now. Shame we'll be gone in a weeks time, & sorry my playlist is full for my last show on Thursday 8-10pm,but "Rocket" could come up anytime.Thanks for your support & Spalding meeting reciprocated,cheers.

• 2 months later...

Not sure, it would be daft if it was an Ertl model first - - so it probably was!!

we may see it as an ertl model , but i really can't see ertl setting out to do a DB, so maybe it was cast as an oliver first for the states ? then repainted as a DB just to use the same cast :-\