classic tractor may 2016

I'm a huge fan of the older Fendts and believe these tractors were simply the best ever made, models such as the 515, 615,  818, 926 etc were bombproof and capable of extremely high hours and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing a whole article on them and to read about models that are still in use and to hear their owners reviews on them. Not surprisingly all owners speak most highly of them and classic tractors informative articles were immensely enjoying for me to read. Maybe when they were being released we didn't realize that true legends were being born and clean examples now command a high premium even with 20000 hours on them. If I had my choice of a high horsepower classic tractor it would be a Fendt 818 model with the exhaust up the side of cab and even better if it was resprayed in black, to hear the MWM engine at work you just know there a powerhouse of a tractor. The Turbomatik gearboxes were very reliable also compared with the later varios that in some cases need replaced at 5000 hours, a turbomatik gearbox will last the tractors lifetime which is exactly as it should be. Vario may have been the key element in tractor innovation but their predecessing turbomatik boxes married to MWM engines were quite simply Fendts finest hours in tractor production and also built them the enviable reputation they have today.. I seen a 818 with 18000 hours being sold for £25000.

2 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Seems we have a different cover on the issue over here .!!! Wonder if its different on the inside !!

IMG_3264_zpsewhxitie.jpg

I think it might be Justin. In the classifieds there is maybe 6/7 or maybe more pages of afs from over here, then there is a couple of pages of ads from Ireland after that. Is it the other way round for you? Dad has my copy, I'll take a pic of the index tomorrow and we can compare.

8 hours ago, mb86 said:

I think it might be Justin. In the classifieds there is maybe 6/7 or maybe more pages of afs from over here, then there is a couple of pages of ads from Ireland after that. Is it the other way round for you? Dad has my copy, I'll take a pic of the index tomorrow and we can compare.

Yeah .. Will do same and compare.

Archived