Why Are Fendt Xylons Built Like This?

BGU

Why do Fendt Build Xylons like this with no front?

I assume the engine is mid or rear mounted - is that an advantage?

What work are they designed for?

Are there any in the UK?

post-242-132638526547_thumb.jpg

post-242-132638526551_thumb.jpg

the xylon was specificalyy designed as a systems tractor , the engine sizes were 4cyl turbo from 100hp -150, this enabled a load area at each end of the tractor for hoppers or tanks , if the load areas were not used it gave a good all round visability tey were also fitted with 40k boxes  :)

fendt has long tradition of building toolcarriers but the xylon was originally but to fill the gap left when the mb trac was ceased. i have seen a fair few here, fendt stopped making them 2yrs ago along with the toolcarrier something to do with AGCO takeover.

i used to drive a GTA 4wd  as the boss wanted to fit a bigger sprayer he never really got the hang of it though ,as he'd always use the front tank first & spend the rest of the afternoon with the front axle 12 off the ground & the rear sprayer burried in the field  :D :D :D got a few strange looks on carnival  night though  :D  ;D

Yes 50k powered by a MAN engine.The xylon also can be fitted with a front end loader.

Would be neat to see a jcb and an xylon go head to head in the paddock and on the road.

ade was one of the frist in the UK to own one. :)

Have to say a fastra would win overall just cause of quality of ride and even with those tyres can put more power to ground as xylon is to light just look at it to rear heavy as well

what was the other more tractor like one they did on the same principle as the xylon marcus,can see it in me mind just lost the name,only just stopped doing them

Maybe your thinking of this, the Fendt EVO, much like the Xylon but with a bonnet and unequal wheels. It was developed as a prototype in the early 2000s but was subsequently axed