umbillical spreading rig (prototype)

heres the rough (very) start of my umbillical spreading rig im on with building. there is no lagon here so slurry is lead to the storage tank (blue) then pumped to the spreading bar through the hose real, (powered by the compressor on the trailer to the spreading bar) spare fuel in the 45g barrols on the trailer.  lots of bits to finish and paint. more hose reals on order to make the area covered bigger. any ideas of were i have got details wrong?

compressor an old britains autoway

am thinking of making an open top storage tank on wheels as seen in farming mags, need a 1/32 caravan to finish it off as the speading gangs round here work shifts and sleep on the job so the tractor is running 24hrs (blokes stink of slurry if ya meet them in local shops as they dont have showers etc and work for days on end moving from job to job)

am thinking of making an open top storage tank on wheels as seen in farming mags, need a 1/32 caravan to finish it off as the speading gangs round here work shifts and sleep on the job so the tractor is running 24hrs (blokes stink of slurry if ya meet them in local shops as they dont have showers etc and work for days on end moving from job to job)

Here you go....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-32-Track-Side-Accessory-BMW-BAILEY-SENATOR-CARAVAN_W0QQitemZ6057445115QQcategoryZ7318QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Probably minus the BMW though! :D;)

I've got one of these tanks half made somewhere, I'll dig it out and post up a picture.

Taking shape SL, looking smart. WIll be quite some outfit when it is all up and running in it's fully made glory. Nice insight into the world of 24hr injection teams aswell, pwooooar!!!  ;):D :D

we used to pump about 25,000 to 30,000 galls an hr with our pump

way faster than the tanker job gets a bit boring after a while though used to have a telly on the pump tactor  good place to sleep off a hangover

spreading was  the real boring bit driving dead slow trying not to fall asleep

couple of pics here for ya

i dont know to be honest he sent them me

but when we were on welsh water sewage job

we had

2 8 wheeler 4000 gal tankers

2 6 wheeler 3000 gal tankers

3 unimogs 2000 gal tankers

and on ocasion a mb track with a 2000 gal

but this was an easy job paid by the hr and the water board guys dont exactly work hard we spent more time at the treatment plant playing darts than spreading

nick

I can't find the one I started building before so I knocked another one together last night, I intended to build one so no bother. This is based on one that works local to us, the pump draws from the bottom coupling and feeds the injector up a rigid irrigator type pipe to around half way up the field then they have a flexi hose joined up to that.

post-27-132638527298_thumb.jpg