What really annoyed you today

Timmy boy you should know not to reverse out on to a road anyway you naughty boy!! ::);)

I know well enough mate...unfortunately that's the only choice I have. I guess the boss didn't intend to have as much business as he does when he built the parking lot, so all of the spots are literally right off the street. Ever since a bridge on the local route has been closed, the street work is on has became the main detour street; more traffic so backing in is impossible. Do you lot over there have the same problem we do with smaller than anticipated roads/ carparks due to the time in which they were constructed?  :-\

I know well enough mate...unfortunately that's the only choice I have. I guess the boss didn't intend to have as much business as he does when he built the parking lot, so all of the spots are literally right off the street. Ever since a bridge on the local route has been closed, the street work is on has became the main detour street; more traffic so backing in is impossible. Do you lot over there have the same problem we do with smaller than anticipated roads/ carparks due to the time in which they were constructed?  :-\

We're lucky in the UK, if you want to park up.... just head for any major road or motorway and voila.... one big car park!  :D :D :D (laughing smilie)

My birds nest full of babies strewn all over the front lawn this morning... all 4 dead... and mum sitting on the garage roof calling for them  :-\

Cat had them all this morning... although quite how is a mystery - I think they were all ok until yesterday when they started cheeping at the top of their voices - I think several of the neighbourhood cats had them on their radar after that  :-\

My birds nest full of babies strewn all over the front lawn this morning... all 4 dead... and mum sitting on the garage roof calling for them  :-\

Cat had them all this morning... although quite how is a mystery - I think they were all ok until yesterday when they started cheeping at the top of their voices - I think several of the neighbourhood cats had them on their radar after that  :-\

How sad.  I was only thinking about them but that is life.

No doubt they will build another nest and have another clutch but let's hope it is in a safer place.

Indeed... my daughter has been virtually inconsoulable... but that's nature I guess... wild animals have to learn to live with domesticated pets such as cats and dogs.

I was off to a garden centre today to get some chickenwire to put around the nest as well  :-\ :'(

Indeed... my daughter has been virtually inconsoulable... but that's nature I guess... wild animals have to learn to live with domesticated pets such as cats and dogs.

I was off to a garden centre today to get some chickenwire to put around the nest as well  :-\ :'(

I was upset a few years ago when Blue **** nested in the old bird box on our cherry tree.  I saw a cat pass the window with a bird in its mouth and then a short while later saw it with another.  I rushed outside to the tree in time to see the cat again as it was jumping to a low branch near the box.  I wrapped a load of fencing wire in loops to prevent the cat getting up there  and the parent birds managed to get the rest of the fledglings out in safety - about 8 of them.

I learnt shortly afterwards that Blue **** call the entire clutch out in one go regardless of age and often the last one fails to make it.

We moved the box higher up the tree and removed the low branch just in case.

I was upset a few years ago when Blue Boobies nested in the old bird box on our cherry tree.  I saw a cat pass the window with a bird in its mouth and then a short while later saw it with another.  I rushed outside to the tree in time to see the cat again as it was jumping to a low branch near the box.   I wrapped a load of fencing wire in loops to prevent the cat getting up there  and the parent birds managed to get the rest of the fledglings out in safety - about 8 of them.

I learnt shortly afterwards that Blue Boobies call the entire clutch out in one go regardless of age and often the last one fails to make it.

We moved the box higher up the tree and removed the low branch just in case.

we have 2 bird boxes up on the side of the house, and have blue **** in every year, but as you said we have found one on the bonnet of the car, where it just didnt get going as quick as the others

That's really sad. We've had the same problem at work over the last four years with a Pied Wagtail. Every year until last year, she built nests around our yard and each time the babies were born, they mysteriously disappeared. We blamed the cats nextdoor, but I suspect Magpies may have had a lot to do with it as some of the places where she nested would have been difficult for a cat to get to. She has nested between the cylinders of our air compressor, in spite of the fact that it was in use; she also nested under the cab of our tanker which we use as a yard pump, and on top of its meter box. One year the babies grew to be big enough to learn how to fly before something got them. We tried making the nest more inaccessible and that didn't work either. We haven't seen her yet this year so I don't know if she's still alive, although I have seen evidence of another nest being built in another of our tankers.  Last year she had two nesting sessions and neither broods survived. Nature can be very cruel.  :(:-\

The good news was that last years young Swallows survived, as they nested in the wall at the front of our offices.  :)

That's really sad. We've had the same problem at work over the last four years with a Pied Wagtail. Every year until last year, she built nests around our yard and each time the babies were born, they mysteriously disappeared. We blamed the cats nextdoor, but I suspect Magpies may have had a lot to do with it as some of the places where she nested would have been difficult for a cat to get to. She has nested between the cylinders of our air compressor, in spite of the fact that it was in use; she also nested under the cab of our tanker which we use as a yard pump, and on top of its meter box. One year the babies grew to be big enough to learn how to fly before something got them. We tried making the nest more inaccessible and that didn't work either. We haven't seen her yet this year so I don't know if she's still alive, although I have seen evidence of another nest being built in another of our tankers.  Last year she had two nesting sessions and neither broods survived. Nature can be very cruel.  :(:-\

The good news was that last years young Swallows survived, as they nested in the wall at the front of our offices.  :)

From personal experience I believe Magpies are a huge problem to the songbird population - after two years of controlling them (and keeping detailed records) at the farm my ex-husband found that the songbird population quadrupled - and that was despite a huge domestic and feral cat population in the area. My ex wrote an article for the RBST on his findings because modern farming methods and cats are too often attributed to the songbird decline without any real proof.

sorry but that makes me laugh! :D :D :D.....love the censor program! :D

The Auto Censor is a load of garbage when it takes a perfectly legitimate word and then makes nonsense of it.

I Hope the new FTF system has a SENSIBLE censor although I would prefer NONE

From personal experience I believe Magpies are a huge problem to the songbird population - after two years of controlling them (and keeping detailed records) at the farm my ex-husband found that the songbird population quadrupled - and that was despite a huge domestic and feral cat population in the area. My ex wrote an article for the RBST on his findings because modern farming methods and cats are too often attributed to the songbird decline without any real proof.

RSPB are promoting Stone curlew plots in order to increase the population of this endangered bird but what is its main source of food?    Songbirds - adult and young - thrushes in particular.

Nature has to balance though.

Ebay changing all around hard to fing anything  :'( :'( :'( anyone else finding it the same or is it just me  :-\ :-\

When we got our new puter a few weeks ago i had the same problem but mum messed about with it and got it back to normal athough i dont know how she said she just pressed lots of things and pressed somthing under change view  ???;)