What really annoyed you today

goddam parts computer at work crashed again today ,just when a customer was desperate for some parts ,typical! :(

Oh for the good old days when the storeman didn't even have to look in the parts book to know where to find what you wanted! Mind you it must be infuriating when a customer comes in for a "wossname off my thinggummyjig"....are there still farmers around like that ?, I used to get pi$$ed off if I got behind one when I was in a hurry & even had the part no. of what I wanted. ???

Oh for the good old days when the storeman didn't even have to look in the parts book to know where to find what you wanted! Mind you it must be infuriating when a customer comes in for a "wossname off my thinggummyjig"....are there still farmers around like that ?, I used to get pi$$ed off if I got behind one when I was in a hurry & even had the part no. of what I wanted. ???

The storeman in our local New Holland dealers would drive you nuts looking into the computer and getting this part number and that part number and then going into the store and spending 15 mins looking for the damn thing and then maybe coming back with the wrong thing. If you rang up the parts manager who's been there for years he could tell you offf the top of his head the price of something and whether he had it or not.

The storeman in our local New Holland dealers would drive you nuts looking into the computer and getting this part number and that part number and then going into the store and spending 15 mins looking for the damn thing and then maybe coming back with the wrong thing. If you rang up the parts manager who's been there for years he could tell you offf the top of his head the price of something and whether he had it or not.

I'll concor with that - that big heavy fella is the greatest waste of space down there but the main storeman or the boss would have 10 customers served by the time he would have one served >:(

come on guys I've only been there 2 weeks and had to learn the ibcos computer system ,parts manager pro and do job cards ,ordering and deal with stroppy impatient farmers who cant tell a whatsit form a thingumyjig,so gimme a break .

come on guys I've only been there 2 weeks and had to learn the ibcos computer system ,parts manager pro and do job cards ,ordering and deal with stroppy impatient farmers who cant tell a whatsit form a thingumyjig,so gimme a break .

Sorry Kev, 'wasn't having a go at you personally :), just at the modern system, that's supposed to be "more efficient".....until it breaks down, like everything man-made must at some point.

40 yrs ago there were so few parts on things one could remember everything in ones head I guess. :)

Kev mate, I wouldn't have your job for all the tea in China. I wouldn't want to deal with the likes of me  ;) I try to have all the info I can (including part nos.) when going for parts but nothing bugs me more than being behind one of those "I know what the part is but you have to figure it out" farmers. You really need to punch those w**kers >:( Always remember this mate: No matter how impatient we are, you parts lads have the utmost respect from the majority of us belt-breakers and bolt-strippers.  ;)

Re: What really annoyed you today???

that there wasnt enough snow to stay at home.....but its falling heavy now while i'm at work >:( >:(

just changed the topic now as it seems  to be more relevant :-\

Sorry Kev, 'wasn't having a go at you personally :), just at the modern system, that's supposed to be "more efficient".....until it breaks down, like everything man-made must at some point.

40 yrs ago there were so few parts on things one could remember everything in ones head I guess. :)

Cheers Nigel its a new thing for me and something which i am finding hard but interesting ,I have had one really crappy customer who apparently would moan even if he won the lottery ,he even phoned and said I gave him the wrong trans filter but I looked it up and it was the right one so there ya go ,ya cant please everyone, but will press on and see how I go, but there is one guy up Moffat way who's 2140 will be runnin nice tomorrow after he picks up the bits for it ,cheers fella

Kev mate, I wouldn't have your job for all the tea in China. I wouldn't want to deal with the likes of me  ;) I try to have all the info I can (including part nos.) when going for parts but nothing bugs me more than being behind one of those "I know what the part is but you have to figure it out" farmers. You really need to punch those w**kers >:( Always remember this mate: No matter how impatient we are, you parts lads have the utmost respect from the majority of us belt-breakers and bolt-strippers.  ;)

cheers bud I really appreciate the support and yeah I know what you mean I was alone yesterday ,the parts system was offline for repairs and I was running blind,and one of the local ....you figure it out farmers came in being very unhelpful,when I told him I had L plates on he just scowled at me ,then he had the cheek to phone up and complain I had given him the wrong trans filter, even tho I looked it up on parts pro today and it was a replacement for the original,so I think he was just being an awkward Foxtrot Uganda Charlie Kilo Echo Romeo,thanks bud

Well for me today it's been a supposed close mate of mine has gone behind me back talking to gf on bebo and leaving comments about me saying that i tell load of lies about were i've worked and what i've done saying that im terrible driver etc calling me a lier etc so i have really have had enough of him, just not on going behind my back i think. I swear i will have stern words with him on monday if not smack him >:(

Well for me today it's been a supposed close mate of mine has gone behind me back talking to gf on bebo and leaving comments about me saying that i tell load of lies about were i've worked and what i've done saying that im terrible driver etc calling me a lier etc so i have really have had enough of him, just not on going behind my back i think. I swear i will have stern words with him on monday if not smack him >:(

Sounds to me like you need to find a new mate >:(:-\  put this one on ice ::) ::):P

Drop him where he stands  :D

just tell him to his face what you think and leave it at that bud ,its not worth smackin him ,you'll just get yerself in bother ,I know its tempting but he must be a coward if he cant even tell you to your face wot he thinks ,

sounds like the anti bird flu jabs given to pingu has upset his normally placid nature  to me gav :D :D

just give him the heav ho mate, aint worth the agro to be honest

I never knew those jabs had that side effect, have to use a bigger needle next time and see if that helps ;D;)::)

Cheers for kind words lads, not been a great night really as thought was a good mate but found his true colours now so think will have stern words at least and leave him be, got few important things at college goin on and dont want to be kicked out  :D :D :D

Oh god not a flu injection i hate them make me even more bad tempered :D :D

Think you are right Rich ,just a jealous ass who thinks he is smart .

Cheers lads much apreciated and to everyone just a real kick in the teeth i think found out from another mate that another so called mate has been textin everyone i know spreadin rumors about me, my work and the gf so been a real sh!t 2 days if im onest. Bad enough it was one now found out it's two and as far as i can remember i havnt done anythin to either of them for the matter of fact i was gonna give one our george forman grill as he wanted to cook in our hostels...  So now im just thinking screw him >:( >:(>:(

Cheers lads much apreciated and to everyone just a real kick in the teeth i think found out from another mate that another so called mate has been textin everyone i know spreadin rumors about me, my work and the gf so been a real sh!t 2 days if im onest. Bad enough it was one now found out it's two and as far as i can remember i havnt done anythin to either of them for the matter of fact i was gonna give one our george forman grill as he wanted to cook in our hostels...  So now im just thinking screw him >:( >:(>:(

I have a suggestion as to what you can do involving your George Foreman Grill and your so called mate, may bring tears to the eyes of every man on here though ;D::) ::):D :D ;)

You wouldnt believe how tempted i am :D :D :D , i've never thought i was an angry/violent bloke but this is really testing me and staying calm with it all.  I know there not really worth but cant help feeling hurt and betrayed etc never done anything to them, and even if I have it was never meant, it's just not on as far i can think  :'( :'(