What really annoyed you today

Much...bad part is that I have been letting myself get pushed around by him the past few weeks..i've had enough of that!  >:(

The worm that turned hey Timmy... take none of it mate.... go and open up a can on him.... like all bully boys... when he realisies you mean business he will back down  >:(

Maggots! Thought they'd be ok in this wet and not hot, but how wrong could I be? Is just heartbreaking to see such a fit and healthy lamb being stunted and possibly die from it. :( :'( :'( Have got 6 lambs with the little b@ggers, but reckon I have them under control. :)

Maggots! Thought they'd be ok in this wet and not hot, but how wrong could I be? Is just heartbreaking to see such a fit and healthy lamb being stunted and possibly die from it. :( :'( :'( Have got 6 lambs with the little b@ggers, but reckon I have them under control. :)

That's really horrible for any animal. One of my rabbits suffered fly strike. It's not readily visible on them as they sit down and don't move when they are affected. I picked one of mine up and put it on my lap to check it was ok and about fifty maggots fell out from under it.  :o :o They had stripped the fur off the skin and made the affected area red raw. Fortunately they hadn't got under the skin or inside of her so I cleaned her up and she was ok after a couple of days.

The trouble with maggots is that they develop so quickly and do an awful lot of damage in a very short space of time. Strangely enough I saw some sheep on Friday that had really mucky back ends and thought the farmer was pushing his luck leaving them in that condition. I hope he's had a look at his lambs since I saw them.

How do you treat lambs for fly strike? (Sorry I'm from dairy farming background, sheep confuse me  ;D)

That's really horrible for any animal. One of my rabbits suffered fly strike. It's not readily visible on them as they sit down and don't move when they are affected. I picked one of mine up and put it on my lap to check it was ok and about fifty maggots fell out from under it.  :o :o They had stripped the fur off the skin and made the affected area red raw. Fortunately they hadn't got under the skin or inside of her so I cleaned her up and she was ok after a couple of days.

The trouble with maggots is that they develop so quickly and do an awful lot of damage in a very short space of time. Strangely enough I saw some sheep on Friday that had really mucky back ends and thought the farmer was pushing his luck leaving them in that condition. I hope he's had a look at his lambs since I saw them.

How do you treat lambs for fly strike? (Sorry I'm from dairy farming background, sheep confuse me  ;D)

Well we vaxxinate everthing with a mixture called 'Click' which is a spray-on, which you just shoot down their backs in May, which should dis-courage all flys going anyway near to them, but when it's hot it doesn't give 100% prevention. Best thing to do is crutch them of course anytime from January to shearing, so they have a clean rear-end. But when they have got maggots, you need to catch them in the early stage when they are either just egg's of even very small maggots, which you get a rub-in mixture called Crovec (Well that's what we use) which is dear at ?5 a shot, but makes the maggots fall out the fleece and die. Hope that helps. ;)

Logging on to eBay to find that I'd missed this little beauty by 5 minutes!  >:( >:(>:( :'( :'( :'(

Bobtailed Disco, Custom Transit Van, and trailer.

862f_1.JPG

dont blame you Stan, looks a nice set :( :(

Went to The Royal Highland Show all weekend, cost a fortune, did nothing, got soaked. ... Traci's car blew it's headgasket and we got towed from Edinburgh ring road home to Wiltshire on the Sunday.

Effing excellent.

My heap goes BACK to the garage next week to solve an ongoing diagnostic fault.

>:(

Went to The Royal Highland Show all weekend, cost a fortune, did nothing, got soaked. ... Traci's car blew it's headgasket and we got towed from Edinburgh ring road home to Wiltshire on the Sunday.

Effing excellent.

My heap goes BACK to the garage next week to solve an ongoing diagnostic fault.

>:(

how long did it take to get there.... and back??

Sounds like you had a "spiffing" weekend mate. Nevermind, just think of all the petrol money you saved by being towed all the way back home :D

Exactly what we said when we were sat in Edinburgh!!  :D

7hrs up there and 9hrs back on an Iveco Turbodaily artic ???. Pics later  :)

The first dry day for 6 weeks and the builders cement mixer is "broken" so can't finish the work. Your having a bl**dy laugh!!!! >:( >:(

i'll put that in 'What made you laugh' :D :D :D::)

Went out to buy a new spark plug for one of my lawnmowers that was not running, only to discover that I had been given the wrong size spark plug. Resulted in a bent electrode on the new plug, beginning to wonder if I will ever get that mower going again.  :(

Went out to buy a new spark plug for one of my lawnmowers that was not running, only to discover that I had been given the wrong size spark plug. Resulted in a bent electrode on the new plug, beginning to wonder if I will ever get that mower going again.  :(

You mean you didn't compare it to the old one first Timmy B  :o :o - shame on you  >:(:D :D

Well today saw lots of action over my fields with about 5 John Deeres and a McCormick ... and the camera decides to run out of battery. It couldnt wait 5 minutes! And then to rub salt in to the wounds someone my age ( maybe a year older ) was driving .... I WANT A JOB!!!

Well today saw lots of action over my fields with about 5 John Deeres and a McCormick ... and the camera decides to run out of battery. It couldnt wait 5 minutes! And then to rub salt in to the wounds someone my age ( maybe a year older ) was driving .... I WANT A JOB!!!

Oh and yesterday i came 2nd in the 800m event at sports day, was leading the whole race and then the last 50m was neck and neck and the final times were

Him 2:34.5 me 2.35

I was gutted  >:(