What really annoyed you today

just found out my grand-dad went into hospital last night after another minor stroke >:( >:(

sorry to hear that mate, hope all goes well for him

for me, stood in sainsburys today at 11, ,the shop went quiet as it should all bar 1 bird and her 2 kids who was yelling at them bigtime, when the security guard asked her to be quite he was told to "****ing mind his own bussiness" to which he threw her out, with help from a few other members of staff, some people have no respect, she must have been 40ish so really should have known better even if the 2 kids 5 and 7 ish dont  >:( >:(>:(

sorry to hear that mate, hope all goes well for him

for me, stood in sainsburys today at 11, ,the shop went quiet as it should all bar 1 bird and her 2 kids who was yelling at them bigtime, when the security guard asked her to be quite he was told to "****ing mind his own bussiness" to which he threw her out, with help from a few other members of staff, some people have no respect, she must have been 40ish so really should have known better even if the 2 kids 5 and 7 ish dont  >:( >:(>:(

All I can say is "well done, Sainsbury".  Some years ago I was in a very well know supermarket calling itself a Superstore on the Andover outskirts.  2 children - 7-8 years old - were walking up and down on the checkout rubber mat where all the purchases slide down to be bagged.  This was several checkouts down the line from me I called a member of the admin staff (in his suit) and asked him if such behaviour was acceptable and would he put a stop to it as it was unhygenic and unecessary.

His reponse was "I am sorry, Madam, but I am not allowed to upset a customer".

My response was "You have a problem because I am now upset and will never shop here again"

I gathered my shopping, paid for it and have never been inside the doors since!

Not even your ISP?  If you are having connections broken or refused it is the ISP who should help in my view. 

Sorry I cannot offer son Jim's services but he doesn't live here.

NTL Virginmedia say there is no problem, even though i dont think the call centre staff understand me....or vice versa ::).

Its ok when i bypass the router so i think its Belkins problem, last time they were no help so may invest in a new router :-\ :-\

NTL Virginmedia say there is no problem, even though i dont think the call centre staff understand me....or vice versa ::).

Its ok when i bypass the router so i think its Belkins problem, last time they were no help so may invest in a new router :-\ :-\

I had a fairly basic router which was useless.  In all honesty it is better to invest in a good modem+router, that was the advice given to me.  cost between ?50-?100 but are easy to set up and very reliable.  I borrowed a Netgear to prove my Voyager was crap but now have a Safecom, 4 port modem/router that can be daisy-chained. the two mentioned cost between ?50-?100 depending on the model but are easy to set up and very reliable.

I still think it is your ISP who should be advising you on port forwarding rules. 

If son Jim turns up I will try to get some more information for you.

cheers Leakey,

I'll try Virgin again anyway, last time they checked there was no problem and everything was open port wise :-\ :-\....trouble was it was not an English based call centre so it was hard to understand :'( :'(

Boiler going on lockout at 7:30 this morning, then at 9:30, 10:00, 10;02 after locking out twice yesterday.  It was serviced on Friday

Plumber is now trying to sort it out and it has gone on limit for him.  At least it is failing while he is on the premises!

Just boiled my blood thanks to a suited and booted tart in Golf who cut me up on a roundabout, she tried overtaking the artic in front of me on 'keep in' arrows. That artic was an 80t 8axle crane ballast carrier however and he wasn't moving for anyone!!