What really annoyed you today

It is the way oil companies and oil service companies work due to the vast number of staff in most cases I have had an email to tell me something then a letter in the post the next day or so.

Yes I tend to agree with you Tris but deep down with all the doom and gloom and ban on non discretionary spending it was not really too much of a shock. Don't think my 6 numbers came up in the lottery last night so I'm afraid I can't tell them where to stick their job ;) ;)

Yes Rob that's the way they do it via a global email listing due to sheer number of employees. The situation will be looked at again at the half year so that is only 4 months away now so we will just have to wait and see.

Tech support, cant they ever pick up the phone in a decent amount of time  ???>:( >:( I'm going on 20 minuets now, they finally pick up and now I am back on hold!!!

Luke, I am part of a support team and although we try to answer every caller quickly it is not always possible. Most problems are resolved in a couple of minutes but some can be very complex take a lot of time. So have some sympathy for the support people.

At certain times of the day/week we can get a build up of calls waiting but each of us can only deal with one at a time.However, we do not put people on hold but have voicemail intercept if we are unable to pick up the call.  Unlike most other support lines we always call back and also we know if we have missed calls.

Another doom and gloom work e-mail from the comunnications department

In line with the significant reduction in oil prices and the reduced price of diesel and petrol since the summer of 2008, the UK mileage allowance will be decreased effective 1st March as follows:-

Previous Rate                            New Rate

Employees who receive a car allowance                          25p/mile                            20p/mile

Employees who do not receive a car allowance                50p/mile                            40p/mile

Mileage travelled prior to 1st March should be submitted at the old rate.

Doesnt effect me since I don't have to travel from site to site but still annoys me just to read it

Luke, I am part of a support team and although we try to answer every caller quickly it is not always possible. Most problems are resolved in a couple of minutes but some can be very complex take a lot of time. So have some sympathy for the support people.

At certain times of the day/week we can get a build up of calls waiting but each of us can only deal with one at a time.However, we do not put people on hold but have voicemail intercept if we are unable to pick up the call.  Unlike most other support lines we always call back and also we know if we have missed calls.

I sympathise for the support teams, after all they probally have to deal with a hand full off unhappy customers all day as well. It was just annoying because I called when it seemed like it there would not be so many people callling and it was even more frustrating because I could have avoided calling them if their FAQ page on their web site was working.

...I sympathise for the support teams, after all they probally have to deal with a hand full off unhappy customers all day as well. It was just annoying because I called when it seemed like it there would not be so many people callling and it was even more frustrating because I could have avoided calling them if their FAQ page on their web site was working.

I can see why you were annoyed.  Hanging on for a reply can also be very costly

By way of explanation the international companies' support lines are not necessarily in the UK although you call a UK number it is transferred to another part of the world when the UK stops working (and sometimes is always transferred). This is certainly true of Microsoft when you find yourself talking to someone in the US of A. These call centres are international so midnight in the UK is daytime somewhere else so there is really no ideal time unless it deep in the night in the USA.

When the Internet starts running slow it is generally because the USA is waking up and going on-line!

I can see why you were annoyed.  Hanging on for a reply can also be very costly

By way of explanation the international companies' support lines are not necessarily in the UK although you call a UK number it is transferred to another part of the world when the UK stops working (and sometimes is always transferred). This is certainly true of Microsoft when you find yourself talking to someone in the US of A. These call centres are international so midnight in the UK is daytime somewhere else so there is really no ideal time unless it deep in the night in the USA.

When the Internet starts running slow it is generally because the USA is waking up and going on-line!

I forgot to mention that I live on the east coast of the US and I was calling out to the west cost so by the time I actually had time to call it was about an hour before their closing time, bad call on my part  :D :D

Previous Rate                            New Rate

Employees who receive a car allowance                           25p/mile                             20p/mile

Employees who do not receive a car allowance                50p/mile                             40p/mile

it think that is in line with Governement standards as thats what we have for site travel, its been like that for years?? :-\

my girl friend dumping me and saying it wasnt really a relationship it was friends just haveing the odd song  :(

and i really loved her

I'm sure you mean snog and not song.......or maybe thats why she dumped you, cause you kept singing and not kissing  :D :D ;D

Luke...you will have plenty more girlfriends i can assure you....wish i was 14 and single again  ::):P:-*

school annoyed me i hate all the teachers the suduts  >:( >:(

im not going to go back because im always being bulled  :-\

i walk around at school on my own i feel like a ideat and a looner  :-[

Your not the only one who dosnt like school ::)

i got bullied alot in year 7 and 8 but i am fine now but if there taking the mic just walk away and dont let it get to you thats what i do if it happen now just think how sad they are as they havnt got anthing better to do ;)

if there hitting you and stuff go and tell some one who will help ;)

school annoyed me i hate all the teachers the suduts  >:( >:(

im not going to go back because im always being bulled  :-\

i walk around at school on my own i feel like a ideat and a looner  :-[

Dont let anyone ever bully you Luke mate.. its horrible  :-\, try to avoid walking around on your own because thats what provokes them is people who go around who seem to be 'loners' but fi you go around with a group of friends... then theres less chance they'l pick on you  :)

Dont let anyone ever bully you Luke mate.. its horrible  :-\, try to avoid walking around on your own because thats what provokes them is people who go around who seem to be 'loners' but fi you go around with a group of friends... then theres less chance they'l pick on you  :)

i have no friends to walk around with

Have you tryed your head teacher as on my 3rd day of secondary school some one broke my arm  >:( >:( But the teacher didnt do much but the head did :)

he wont do any think he dont care

After a while of being bullied and messed about at school i no relise that if you fight back, just once they wont do it again mate.

I didnt get bullied to bad really, but i had a hard time for other reasons. 

But when i did get picked on a bit, i just sat there and took it, getting upset etc.

Now im no fan of vilonce dont get me wrong, but, next time they take the mick, or go to punch you, hit them hard on the nose. Once, and i can tell you then wont do it again mate.

like send us all you address and we will all come and walk round with you as everyone on here are your friends. keep you head held high and think of us all. and if they do hit you, i agree hit back it worked for me. ;) ;)

as to what annouyed me today; fracturing my thumb in two places. >:( >:(

like send us all you address and we will all come and walk round with you as everyone on here are your friends. keep you head held high and think of us all. and if they do hit you, i agree hit back it worked for me. ;) ;)

as to what annouyed me today; fracturing my thumb in two places. >:( >:(

thanks mate

hope you thumb gets better i bet that huts