On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:55 PM, justy 46 said:

Wow Ian. Fantastic work. Had you these featured in Classic Tractor mag a while back . ? And any 3 pot Fords done by you . ?

Hi Justin, yes my girlfriend convinced me to get in touch with Classic Tractor and get an article put in, must've been around 2008? Got a couple of orders for forward controls but they were a total nightmare to post! I was going to make 3 cylinder 4000-fours and 4600-fours but didn't get that far

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, robbo said:

Stunning, as everyone else has said.

Is there anyway that you could then convert the technology and produce a resin version or even metal? Some of the mainstream manufacturers could learn a lot from you about accuracy that's for sure.

Thanks Mike! Yes I reckon if it was all drawn out on CAD as wire framed 3D drawings then that could be used to produce models or even sent to a 3D printer. These are all drawn out in net form 2D, then cut out and folded into shape. 

50 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

Thanks Mike! Yes I reckon if it was all drawn out on CAD as wire framed 3D drawings then that could be used to produce models or even sent to a 3D printer. These are all drawn out in net form 2D, then cut out and folded into shape. 

would be intrested in some part if you printed them, even as card, could easilly be cut and used as a template for a plasti card part, like the cabs ,i would certainly be intrested in say a lambourne cab and floorpan 

29 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

would be intrested in some part if you printed them, even as card, could easilly be cut and used as a template for a plasti card part, like the cabs ,i would certainly be intrested in say a lambourne cab and floorpan 

That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment Sean, I've done all the ground work and now converting to plasticard and scaling down to 1/32. These card models are not a particular scale, they're roughly 6 inches in length, any smaller and things start getting trickier with paper card, especially making wheel rims, grain direction in the paper comes into play.

• 4 months later...

Shame we cant get the basics to it i.e the fords genral shape and wheels  just to print and have a go ....ild be interested in buying the print on sheet to have a go ....thiswill sound typical me now but 

Could you please print out a ih worldwide tractor like a 454 or 574  with the common victor cab 

And a 990 david brown please  ....u could just sell the sheets ur work is amaising ur very talented  i wish i could do half the job u done to the fords and countys mate

21 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Shame we cant get the basics to it i.e the fords genral shape and wheels  just to print and have a go ....ild be interested in buying the print on sheet to have a go ....thiswill sound typical me now but 

Could you please print out a ih worldwide tractor like a 454 or 574  with the common victor cab 

And a 990 david brown please  ....u could just sell the sheets ur work is amaising ur very talented  i wish i could do half the job u done to the fords and countys mate

Thank you! I don't have any immediate plans to go back to designing card models, even though I do enjoy the hobby it is every bit as laborious as building the diecast and plasticard models, and I definitely don't have the time for it anymore. It's actually even more time consuming as every part is designed and made over and over, at least with a Britains model, the most of it is already there to begin with!

• tabmodels changed the title to Cardboard Countys / tabmodels
  • 3 months later...

They look great Ian :) if I had known about them I would have brought some :)

Really like the full cab forward control, as it would look great next to a Claas Saddletrac :)

May have to PM you to see if you could make a plastic/diecast County 1004 Forward Control :)

16 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

They look great Ian :) if I had known about them I would have brought some :)

Really like the full cab forward control, as it would look great next to a Claas Saddletrac :)

May have to PM you to see if you could make a plastic/diecast County 1004 Forward Control :)

Thanks Brian, I am planning on building both FC Countys at some point but it will happen, it's one of my favourites. I'm planning on selling these model kits again as a side line to the 1/32 conversions.

49 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

Thanks Brian, I am planning on building both FC Countys at some point but it will happen, it's one of my favourites. I'm planning on selling these model kits again as a side line to the 1/32 conversions.

if you do build a plastic/metal 1004 forward control I will have one as well :)

Archived