Paul Palmer's conversions

• 1 month later...

i have converted this model twice,converting the spearhead to a mconnell,this time it will stay as a spearhead,waiting on parts to finish it off,i have altered the britains hitch,as i want it to fit on a wiking rear linkage, and i have painted the white hydraulic rams black,and removed the yellow hydraulic lines

spearhead 2.JPG

spearhead 1.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

update on this one,i have added a tow pin and also a bracket to hold up the rear top link,still have to get a numberplate for it and im waiting for a britains ford front axle and wheels/tyres on her,as im not a fan of marges front wheels on this model,also aerial added

ford 6610 001.JPG

ford 6610 003.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

i have not Stan,however the britains 6600 will be used for other bits as well,so seemed the best option

Not sure if you know or not but you can get bits separate from Nigel.. love his kits

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ford/nh fan said:

It looks good , are the axles easy enough to swap or is there a knack to it ?

thankyou ford fan,britains is easy you just have to gently split the chassis and the axle falls out,marge had to be cut out

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

thankyou ford fan,britains is easy you just have to gently split the chassis and the axle falls out,marge had to be cut out

Ok and is it easy to fix the britains axle to the Marge ? I may try myself if it's easy enough . 

33 minutes ago, ford/nh fan said:

Ok and is it easy to fix the britains axle to the Marge ? I may try myself if it's easy enough . 

i found it easy,thats all i can say,if you do a lot of convo work you will find it easy,if you havent or dont do convo work then i wouldnt recommend it that you do it yourself

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 1