Paul Palmer's conversions

1 hour ago, Paul Palmer said:

john deere experts,advice please,are the front weights on this 3640 correct?

"Looks great Paul. 

Regarding weights, not an expert but think they are correct, the same type were fitted to its predecessor the 4040s 

18 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

"Looks great Paul. 

Regarding weights, not an expert but think they are correct, the same type were fitted to its predecessor the 4040s 

thanks Alf,i thought it was you actually who put different front weights on one of your jd 40 series,i have a 50 series jd coming,the 3350,but dont think i will weather it as much as this 40 series one

Edited by Paul Palmer

46 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

thanks Alf,i thought it was you actually who put different front weights on one of your jd 40 series,i have a 50 series jd coming,the 3350,but dont think i will weather it as much as this 40 series one

Yes that's right, mine was a 3140 though and they (or certainly the one I was basing it on) had the "square" weights. I'm not sure there weren't maybe different options available at the time? 

13 hours ago, MadMark said:

Those weights are fine Paul, checkout the picture below that's posted on facebook showing them fitted to the 40 series Deere's. Also the low profile cab on the 3140

18342657_1541391329224505_4236881712238809326_n.jpg.45b504c9e105fd8c3f720aef019bc031.jpg

i used to drive a 2wd 2650 that had a similar low profile cab roof

• Like 2

That really does look good Paul, we see a lot of weathered models, but I think it is such a fine balance between looking good and making a mess...... (if I did one it would definitely be in the latter category).

Great piece of work.

3 minutes ago, JEP said:

That really does look good Paul, we see a lot of weathered models, but I think it is such a fine balance between looking good and making a mess...... (if I did one it would definitely be in the latter category).

Great piece of work.

thankyou very much JEP

9 minutes ago, Wayne D said:

Lovely job, little tweeks make  nice difference to it and help bring it to life. 

thanks Wayne,been looking at the pictures,i need to redo the aerial,would be nice to do what you are doing mate,and get some pictures outside,but  the weather down here today is s**t

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

thanks Wayne,been looking at the pictures,i need to redo the aerial,would be nice to do what you are doing mate,and get some pictures outside,but  the weather down here today is s**t

Hopefully we will have a long summer to enjoy plenty of sunny days for photographs. :) be great to see them outside with a nice back drop. 

19 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Looks great Paul. As said above, the weathering is spot on. Look forward to seeing photos outside. 

thanks Martin,busy on your farm? and anything in the pipeline model wise? i have seen your new holland forager

Edited by Paul Palmer

1 minute ago, Wayne D said:

Hopefully we will have a long summer to enjoy plenty of sunny days for photographs. :) be great to see them outside with a nice back drop. 

it would,your outside pictures look brilliant,definately the models look better outside Wayne

2 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

thanks Martin,busy on your farm? and anything in the pipeline model wise? i have seen your new holland forager

Yes Paul, flat out, just finished lambing but have the new shed still going up as well as fert, spraying, and turning cattle out which doesn't leave any time for modelling  I'm afraid. Hopefully things will ease off in the next couple of weeks.