Paul Palmer's conversions

2 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Its a grand effort there Paul, with some nice detail touches..............it truly is a labour of love with some of these models isn't it.................perhaps we should thank UH, it would be boring for us if they made everything right first time:rolleyes:

I that case they are true entertainers!;D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluegreen said:

Its a grand effort there Paul, with some nice detail touches..............it truly is a labour of love with some of these models isn't it.................perhaps we should thank UH, it would be boring for us if they made everything right first time:rolleyes:

thankyou,true Phil,i dont mind messing around with the models,its when and not just uh,that they make such big cock ups,that you have to use 3 donar models to put it right

On 02/01/2017 at 3:39 PM, Paul Palmer said:

nearly done,beacon added,just have to paint the front wheel inserts,and perhaps a bit more weathering,but proberbly not,however i do think i need to rust the exhaust up a bit,the front weight looks better and all seems to be level,im happy with her now,oh i forgot,rear wheel weights to be added,but they are on their way

ford 8830 003.JPG

ford 8830 004.JPG

ford 8830 006.JPG

ford 8830 008.JPG

ford 8830 001.JPG

ford 8830 002.JPG

At the risk of being slightly critical here Paul, are the back wheels sitting right? It may be the angle of the photos but it looks as if the rear nearside wheel is rubbing on the back of the wheel arch?

30 minutes ago, robbo said:

At the risk of being slightly critical here Paul, are the back wheels sitting right? It may be the angle of the photos but it looks as if the rear nearside wheel is rubbing on the back of the wheel arch?

angle of the photo's Robbo,look at 2nd picture from bottom,they are all clear,thats why i drilled a new hole for the rear axle to get the rear wheels spot on,look at the pictures that are dead side on,all clear

Edited by Paul Palmer

As MadMark pointed out, U.H. use the same rear wheels and tyres on all the Fords from the 5610 to the 7810 and the rear tyres on my 6610 gen II looked to big and as well as being on a different track width to the front,so i have put on britains ford 6600 rear tyres and altered the track width so it all matches

ford 6610 Gen II 001.JPG

ford 6610 Gen II 002.JPG

ford 6610 Gen II 003.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

angle of the photo's Robbo,look at 2nd picture from bottom,they are all clear,thats why i drilled a new hole for the rear axle to get the rear wheels spot on,look at the pictures that are dead side on,all clear

I can see what Robbo means Paul, the picture of the near side looks like the wheel is further back than the other one on the other side. good effort Paul, looks very nicely weathered.

17 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

I can see what Robbo means Paul, the picture of the near side looks like the wheel is further back than the other one on the other side. good effort Paul, looks very nicely weathered.

just to satisfy myself Chris,i have put a straight edge against the rear tyres ,its definately my pictures,all is sitting straight,thanks for looking though,the weathering brings the tractor to life in my opinion

ford 8830 001.JPG

ford 8830 002.JPG