On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:42 PM, SPN said:

Apparently someone in morkeshing thought they had enough blue tractors in their range.

I do remember seeing an 1184 and another County in the white colour scheme on backroads in Hertfordshire around 1990. Might it have been a water utility or service provider to a water utility?

The only white County I know of is the gold 1174 50 year anniversary tractor bought by a farmer and painted in David Brown livery! :blink:

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, alf aphid said:

Yes I read that it was to differentiate from the tw. Whether true or not though, who knows!

great job again Ian. How do you do it? What's next?

Thanks Alastair! A mixture of patience, a steady hand and some choice ales :D I'm tempted to try a Roadless 65 based on the UH 5000 next or a Neal Pelican loader based on a UH power major ;)

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, justy 46 said:

Ian ... That County is a cracker . You turned a Britains TW30 into something that far exceeds UHs best efforts . Beautiful model .

Thanks Justin, UH sets the bar high for detail and I would like to get even close to that level. I don't have moving parts though. I did consider converting the UH TW-30 but they already did that :D also the UH TW-30 bonnet seems to be a lot narrower than the Britains, not sure which one has the correct dimensions but Britains looks bang on to me, although I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, tabmodels said:

Thanks Justin, UH sets the bar high for detail and I would like to get even close to that level. I don't have moving parts though. I did consider converting the UH TW-30 but they already did that :D also the UH TW-30 bonnet seems to be a lot narrower than the Britains, not sure which one has the correct dimensions but Britains looks bang on to me, although I could be wrong.

Yeah . The UH TWs & Countys seem to have narrower bonnets for some strange  reason . The Marge one is better for detail than them , but it's based on one particular County 1884 they went off in Holland with wider wheels and different decals . Your one is a beauty tough .

19 hours ago, tabmodels said:

The only white County I know of is the gold 1174 50 year anniversary tractor bought by a farmer and painted in David Brown livery! :blink:

Where is the banging head off a brick wall smiley.

6 hours ago, tabmodels said:

The bonnets on the britains swb tws are spot on to scale, I measured them when I was planning my tw conversions. The britains cab is also spot on, unlike the uh which is smaller than it should be in all aspects or the marge which is the correct width but slightly longer than it should. Only talking the odd mil though. You'd have thought going by price they would be the other way round!

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:59 PM, mb86 said:

The bonnets on the britains swb tws are spot on to scale, I measured them when I was planning my tw conversions. The britains cab is also spot on, unlike the uh which is smaller than it should be in all aspects or the marge which is the correct width but slightly longer than it should. Only talking the odd mil though. You'd have thought going by price they would be the other way round!

Yes I was going to mention the Q cabs didn't look quite right either, that's why I would favour the Britains for accuracy. A millimetre is a big difference when you scale it up :P

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived