postal adresses

Tractorman810

guys be aware ,i recived a text message from paypal yesterday along witha email saying my account had been locked down due to suspisious activity /log on attempts from the usa, ,being sensible i didnt log on via the email, i got on to paypal via my webpage on the phone,and sure enough it had been locked, so a simple password swap and text pin  code sent, job done,  nothing   gone out and nothing since , me and paypal are keeping an eye on it .

when i got home i had also recived an email from ebay ,timed at near as the same time , again saying due to dodgy activity(log on attempts) again from america and this had been locked down, i used  same procedure direct into ebay, not  the mail and sorted with new password, nothing bought , but someone had been looking at expensive perfumes and bloody expensive handbags in my viewing history. however when i started looking at items later on  ,at first everything looked fine until i  noticed  the postage tab, it was coming up with wont post to “russian federation” on everything, and listing it in rubles if it they did post. who ever got into the account before it was locked had swapped my purchased items delivery address to a russian address. luckly i havent bought anything in the last day or so , and the one item i last bought was luckily two days  before yesterday,so its coming to me ,and following a ebay call tonight have confirmed this. but even they hadnt noticed it had been swapped. 

so a lesson for all, its happening ,and its real, if you do get the text/emails take action and log on the normal way ,not via the emails (which could be spams you knever know ) whilst ebay are stopping stuff being bought,and locking the account down quickly  it appears they are not noticing address swaps .i could easily have bought something as normal, hit buy and paypal without noticing and never recived the item.

As long as you log on via your normal way and not any mails you will be ok ,you canctellcif your accounts blocked / limited right away then .  its a pretty common issue it seems , swap the address straight away once they get in before the security software picks it up and locks the account , you then potentially  miss it and only realise once some parcels never arrive 

Archived