Tracks

Janval

Question

Does anyone know if it's possible to get tracks from somewhere, similar to the ones seen on the older Britains Fiat models. Not talking about the whole quadtrack parts I know someone has gotten :) 

14 answers to this question

On 7/17/2018 at 6:43 PM, Tractorman810 said:

thats it mart :D :unsure: , sure thats his work , hes domes so,e imteresting timber conversions in the past, several on tracks 

yep thats one of mine, front lifts up on rams too, really enjoy building these

Just now, Janval said:

Are the tracks available from somewhere? 

Hi, the tracks came from a tamiya tank model, a panzer if i remember correctly in 1/35 scale, i had to narrow them a bit but fairly easy with a sharp craft knife

On 7/17/2018 at 11:57 AM, Janval said:

Found a photo of an older Britains Ford being done with tracks, familiar to anyone? It's tracks like these I'm on the lookout for.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtHmzA8gJJRaZSSKFtWAq

@tabmodelsanother one of mine i had forgotten about, based on a james jones, the front lifts up on rams and skid steers, i found an article in classic tractor about a restored one, i also did a full red one too, love these machines

6 minutes ago, miker said:

@tabmodelsanother one of mine i had forgotten about, based on a james jones, the front lifts up on rams and skid steers, i found an article in classic tractor about a restored one, i also did a full red one too, love these machines

Looks fantastic Mike, I've always had an interest in forestry machinery like this, that's a very tidy model ;)

13 minutes ago, miker said:

Hi, the tracks came from a tamiya tank model, a panzer if i remember correctly in 1/35 scale, i had to narrow them a bit but fairly easy with a sharp craft knife

Aha, I found those and thought they looked the same. One set of tracks had enough length to it? 

Thanks a lot! 

10 minutes ago, Janval said:

Aha, I found those and thought they looked the same. One set of tracks had enough length to it? 

Thanks a lot! 

yes , plenty of length, easily joined with very fine wire also, i have some 0.8 mm wire, perfect for the job

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

if you do a search on ebay for 1/35 tank  tracks,  theres loads of kits avaiable,save getting a whole model kit and wasting it

I have found a nice set for a decent price from Asia, so I will consider that. I noticed a few model shops selling these in metal as well, but at a price however.

Archived