Standen T3 Potato Harvester

I thought seeing as it is taking far longer than expected to finish this model, I should create its own topic.  

The final picture in the series is the latest progress.  I managed to get hold of a 1/16th scale Bruder potato harvester, I testing whether belts from this harvester work on the T3.  They turned out to be the perfect width.  

vyhunj.jpg

20170709_220444.jpg

20170709_220723.jpg

20171228_224326.jpg

20171228_224356.jpg

20171228_224420.jpg

20171228_224454.jpg

20180721_123408.jpg

20181108_135727.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dr-abich said:

I like it ;) wow wow that's really nice.  What kind of narrow tyres/wheels Have You got on JD? Are You using HIPS? to build it? Write something more about it please.

Thanks for the interest.  

The wheels for the John Deere are from Artisan32, they are one of the plastic sets he makes sprayed in John Deere yellow.  The wheel sizing isn't perfect, I think the rears are a little large and the fronts are to small.  He has a metal option but they are nearly the same price as the tractor. 

The topper and planter are made out of a mix of Plasticard and Evergreen plastics.  The wheels are from a Kuhn Xl Discover.  The belt system is from a Bruder Grimme potato harvester.  The main belt is to large though so I am scratching building a replacement from some rubber sheet and Plasticard.  

Thanks, 

To get the angles right I have had to take it to peices and put it back together many times.  It is one of those builds that I have to be feeling really inspired to work on.  

Plan is to have it finished so I can harvest some carrots for Christmas dinner, haha.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived