ERTL 1/16th John Deere Combine!

AndyB

I dare say not many of these will head over to our part of the world! 

'THE FIRST OF ITS KIND

1:16 Scale Modern Die-Cast Combine from TOMY

For the very first time, ERTL is offering a 1:16 scale modern die-cast combine! But wait we are enhancing collectability! After we finish production, the combine tooling will be destroyed! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!'

http://images.tomy.com/s7viewers/html5/eCatalogViewer.html?emailurl=http://images.tomy.com/s7/emailFriend&serverUrl=http://images.tomy.com/is/image/&config=Scene7SharedAssets/Universal_HTML5_eCatalog_Adv&contenturl=http://images.tomy.com/skins/&asset=media/18_Combine_Consumer

You would need a large space to display this - it measures 76cm long by 36cm wide by 31cm high - without a header on!  With a cereal header on its 64cm wide!!

It also might not happen - depending on how many pre-orders are made!

Does the graintank shut?   Doesn't look like it...……………………….And they wont deliver till Spring 2020...…………...Judging how the world is currently going to hell in a hand basket I certainly wouldn't be paying up front if I were an interested collector:lol:

Its an ERTL release, so I wouldn't be a 100% sure you would be able to order it through UK dealers.......  I must admit I will be asking the question in the New Year!  However, the price might be eye watering by the time you get it over here, the flip side being it could well be a shrewd investment........

7 hours ago, AndyB said:

Its an ERTL release, so I wouldn't be a 100% sure you would be able to order it through UK dealers.......  I must admit I will be asking the question in the New Year!  However, the price might be eye watering by the time you get it over here, the flip side being it could well be a shrewd investment........

I am quite used to ordering from the states these days as I run 3 classic jeeps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just been on TTT forum, wait for it........Pre Order for $800!!!  At todays rates, roughly £635!!!!!!!!  That's before postage and taxes, I would guesstimate around £800 by the time it lands (very heavily) on your door mat.....  I was half thinking about ordering one, but after a millisecond of thought - I am not!

3 hours ago, AndyB said:

Just been on TTT forum, wait for it........Pre Order for $800!!!  At todays rates, roughly £635!!!!!!!!  That's before postage and taxes, I would guesstimate around £800 by the time it lands (very heavily) on your door mat.....  I was half thinking about ordering one, but after a millisecond of thought - I am not!

I wont be ordering at that price either :ph34r:

Those on TTT Forum, weren't very impressed either!  Bill Walters put a post up defending the price and the fact that the tooling will be destroyed, thus it will be more collectable, but even then!!

i have never really understood the lack of working features on ertls big models ,going by that,  the header lifts ,and a panel or two open, but no opening cab door, no folding grain tank, and from what you can see in that link and a few other pics else where the cab internal looks just plain , whilst uh also lack opening doors and windows ect, they cram the detailing in , for a model that size, and that expensive you want to justify the cost with the whistles and bells feature and detailing wise . 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately you don't see all of the detail that will be on this unit.  We only have a plastic prototype at this time.  If we don't get enough orders we will not tool this item.  It will have over 50 diecast pieces.  Since we will only ever do one production run this is your one chance.

Bill

10 hours ago, Bill Walters said:

Unfortunately you don't see all of the detail that will be on this unit.  We only have a plastic prototype at this time.  If we don't get enough orders we will not tool this item.  It will have over 50 diecast pieces.  Since we will only ever do one production run this is your one chance.

Bill

Hi Bill, great that you dropped in here after too long! There are a couple of things that would prove it costly or difficult for us to get in Europe.  Firstly that we can't order it locally over here and secondly the overall price of buying/importing one.

I appreciate that the bread and butter scale for the US is 1/16th, but would it not have broadened the appeal being 1/32? I refer back to the 1/32 Precisions and their level of detail, which are still in my opinion the best quality model you can buy.  Folks over here are paying around £200 for a combine  released in 2018 for a lesser model than your 1/32 combine was back in the 90s!

Just some thoughts and it is always great to have your input to us over the pond!

Archived