Ford 3000 kit.

Kirely

Question

Ford 3000

I got a kit from Autodrome with the instructions in Dutch.  On the Skid Unit there is hexagon chrome fitting which I can only think is for displaying the completed model.

I tried to remove it but it is not budging and before I apply too much force I would like some advice please on what it is and how to safely remove it?

Hoping someone can help.

IMG_5571.JPG

16 answers to this question

3 hours ago, SPN said:

Throw up some photos of the instructions and lets see what the hive mind can make of them.

I'll pm you a source for UH MF135 wheels.

There is a numbered diagram which should be enough to follow.  Thanks for your offer on a source for MF135 wheels, looking forward to receiving your PM.

img20190109_14371465.jpg

Thanks Pickles, I did get a quick reply from Autodrome,

"After the model is ready and painted you can use it to put in in a showcase to protect the model against dust. We became questions from customers to do so.  If you do not need it, it is possible to remove it but take care not to damage the metal unit!

(Other customers removed it and took the metal part in their left hand and a small pipe key in the right hand.  The chrome hexagon fixing broke at the correct place.)

But we did  not planned to remove it, so it is on your own risk."

30 minutes ago, Toolbox Tam said:

Just can’t think of a logical reason that would be there , unless it was used to hold casting for clean up / drilling of holes . Is there no small screw in centre , which may hold it in , as it appears to be threaded .

Have you tried contacting Autodrome , even sending them a photo , as it certainly appears to be surplus , & does not appear in Autodromes photos , or in the photo Nick posted above .

I will contact Autodrome today but they are not the quickest to answer.

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

The brass pin that is sticking out at the front of the engine block isn't holding it in is it? As above, a cutting disc or fine hacksaw would work as a last resort. How do you rate the kit? I've been eyeing them up for a while but I'm as yet undecided weather to buy one or not, the autodrome wheels are putting me off a bit. Would be very interested to see your progress. 

No I thought that at the start, but the pin, which is small and does not extend underneath the hexagon fitting, just pulls out.  The kit looks a straightforward build but the tyres look a bit over-sized to me.

5 hours ago, SPN said:

translate.google.com

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Tried Google, this is what I got after I tidied it up a bit.

Ford 2000/3000/2600/3600 (EUR / USA)

General building recommendations

a) Check the parts for signs of weakness using the hardware and the ender parts list; 

b) Pzxlefp | s de cohere parts to raven non n the building plan and the sub parts;

c) Out of safety expansion rolls are recommended to tinplate the model with a hi.

Alee component glue ''; 

d) Carefully remove the casts with a fine key file and carefully spread with extra sonic ply; . . :,

e) The Helen is only confirmed after the whole model has been brought to color: 411: | . .

f) Remove the stickers from the tip for 30 seconds in lukewarm water and carefully slide the paper onto the model.

The brass pin that is sticking out at the front of the engine block isn't holding it in is it? As above, a cutting disc or fine hacksaw would work as a last resort. How do you rate the kit? I've been eyeing them up for a while but I'm as yet undecided weather to buy one or not, the autodrome wheels are putting me off a bit. Would be very interested to see your progress. 

11 minutes ago, Kirely said:

Ford 3000

I got a kit from Autodrome with the instructions in Dutch.  On the Skid Unit there is hexagon chrome fitting which I can only think is for displaying the completed model.

I tried to remove it but it is not budging and before I apply too much force I would like some advice please on what it is and how to safely remove it?

Hoping someone can help.

IMG_5571.JPG

Mini grinder & cutting disc...

Archived