Krukowiak z427 Polish Onion picker

My next project is onion picker from Polish factory named Krukowiak. It's really simple machine based on very old technology. My father had similar to that in a past i think some late 80. That machine is still same with minor mods compare to old ones. First started from project in my notebook ;) not finished yet.I would like to do that picker in a proper way project, JIG frame, parts take it all together but time will tell  Cut some aluminium bars for frame and now waiting for proper glue to stick all together. 

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

1524886212327.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Due to problems with gluing that frame (Fallen apart when dropped)I'm changing my conception if its going about frame. For now i'm gonna abandon that project for the benefit of much important  implement for soil preparation.

• 2 weeks later...

While im waiting for material for my APS60 decided to comeback to onion picker, Changed my conception a little bit. Did frame from U (or C )channels. Today i put it some parts together.  Did a  frame with draw bar with 2 point linkage , axle.

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

21 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Looks exellent Dominick, love the way it is put together, proper 1/32 engineering :) 

Thank You. Bolt on connection working better in my opinion than glue ;) but still im gonna use some glue to stick some parts together.

• 2 months later...

Hi lads. Did some progress last time.  Due to lack of time not too much. Did ram and mounts for it. Ram is responsible for folding whole trailer conveyor ( turret).  Prepared ram smaller for folding last part of conveyor

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

Did something on my onion picker.I did longer ram for tilting a trailer conveyor. I did brackets  for that ram and mounting frame but not too happy from results and i'm gonna replace that with slightly bit thicker material and thinner on sides because its looks too wide from a side. At least i know measurements of that and shape which is gonna be helpful to prepare new one.  Had to change a draw bar  for wider to allow more turning radius.

IMG_2030.JPG

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_2033.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You guys. Colour its gonna be original blue (or close to original :) ) and  same  type of wheels from britians but with silver rims. Ferret only one pain in back side is connecting aluminium with glue i didn't discover proper one yet. Possibly i'm going to try weld sticks (Melting ones). I would like to get rid of some screw / bolt on connections to make model much realistic and keeping it playable in same time.I really don't like  weak / brittle  things like my Schuco international.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello how are you ;) (Yak shie mash) I think i found good glue for aluminium after some little experiments. Hopefully that's gonna be good one. 5.50 in Halfords. Araldite steel  consistency similar to Poxipol whioch i used to build my first plough model.  Today i glued together resting frame and it's looks solid (for now ;) ). 

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening. Today i spent my day in very nice style. One of my pleasure was fact i had some time to push forward work on onion loader (or picker).  Glued some elements like little oil box for a powerpack . Prepared Pto shaft bracket and hydraulic tubes. Painted loader turret and sides for first conveyor. and bla bla bla.  In other words some work were done and nearly there nearly there or  i'm winning

IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_2569.JPG

Archived