Registration Plates

9 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Very nice, I generally do them on https://www.a1showplates.com/. I then print them out on glossy photo paper and Stick them with double-sided sticky tape...IMG_7906.thumb.JPG.c4108470c047b813aa273974b8003333.JPGI also did some personalised ones...IMG_7907.thumb.JPG.a9dca51843167b5344e2b2277d5c4a5f.JPG

Thanks Ferret90, just looked at that website it seems a bit better than the one I used but I'll know for the next time. :)

Very nicely done,done a bit of that myself in the past,then I recently discovered a product that makes that even easier,self adhesive paper,no need for double sided sticky tape,this could also be used as decals,no need for varnish to seal in the ink,there is a choice of colours,but think the white and clear would be most popular, it say's label's,but is A4 sheets.

https://evergreengoodsstore.com/index.php/stickers-labels/inkjet-labels.html

Regards

Joe.

4 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Very nicely done,done a bit of that myself in the past,then I recently discovered a product that makes that even easier,self adhesive paper,no need for double sided sticky tape,this could also be used as decals,no need for varnish to seal in the ink,there is a choice of colours,but think the white and clear would be most popular, it say's label's,but is A4 sheets.

https://evergreengoodsstore.com/index.php/stickers-labels/inkjet-labels.html

Regards

Joe.

Looks ideal,  but at £5 a sheet you'd want to be making good use of them to get your value for money.  

39 minutes ago, Laois 1:32 said:

Looks ideal,  but at £5 a sheet you'd want to be making good use of them to get your value for money.  

Where are you getting the £5 from,I got 10 sheets of gloss white for £ 2.79.

Regards

Joe.

A great alternative to glossy paper is a piece of sellotape over normal paper, put it on before you cut them out and voilà!

I also copy the plate from demon plates into Paint.net and make the colours block coloured, rather than the fading shine effect that they have on them, makes them really stand out.

1 hour ago, catkom3 said:

Where are you getting the £5 from,I got 10 sheets of gloss white for £ 2.79.

Regards

Joe.

Sorry Joe,  yes you're right. I misread the description- the clear vinyl ones are £5:60 for a pack of 5 but the gloss white are 10 for £2:79. 

So I suppose it is good enough value:)

8 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

A great alternative to glossy paper is a piece of sellotape over normal paper, put it on before you cut them out and voilà!

I also copy the plate from demon plates into Paint.net and make the colours block coloured, rather than the fading shine effect that they have on them, makes them really stand out.

Know what you mean about the sellotape,  only thing is how do you stick them on then? 

Sounds like a good idea for the fading effect.  I was worried about that but when you print them out at about 16mm X 3.5mm the fading isn't really that noticeable anyway.  Let's just say that the sun got to them;) 

Archived