Marge - New Holland T8 front wheel removal?

Barry

Question

Before I attack the model, has anybody removed the front wheels from the Marge NH T8 (or any of the Marge NH, Case, Steyr models)

I'm guessing that you move the black hub and this will reveal a screw the undo and remove the wheel, i didn't want to try this and damage the hub before asking!

Cheer :)

15 answers to this question

Just the front wheels and tyres on a T8 Smart Trax.........have some front wheels that look like they'll look better on it, gonna do a swap over to see what they look like, if they don't suit, i'll put the originals back on.

8 hours ago, Barry said:

So far, chewed up the hubs with piers, broken the front axel.................................

Might be a bit late Barry but you could cut a split in each hub to relieve the pressure on the axle which should allow you to work the hub off without further damage. If you need to reuse the hubs glue the splits up and clamp before pushing back on. Should work in principle like using a nut splitter on the real thing.

13 hours ago, Barry said:

So far, chewed up the hubs with piers, broken the front axel.................................

Best to use a small flat precision screwdriver for removing hubs barry, just pop it in the gap between wheel hub and axel hub and gently twist , justcrun around the hub until it pops off , i know its a bit late  now sorry  , learnt the hard way doing uh stuff with pliers, normally only a drop of super glue holds them on, 

Archived