UH quality control???.

Steve P

Has anyone else noticed some poor quality control issues with Uh models recently.. I certainly have in the last 3 models i have received. First was the 2wd Zetor crystal 8011, when i removed it from the box i noticed the front wheels was very stiff so i gently pushed the model on the floor, to my horror one of the front wheels then fell off the axle!!, i screwed the wheel back on but its still very wobbley and now i have to handle the model with care. Second i received a lovely County 1884 noticing something rattling around in the box, when i removed the model from the box i found the small plate above the rear linkage had come adrift, thankfully i managed to fix it back into position. Finally only recently i purchased a 2wd Case 1494 a stunning model until i removed it from the box and within seconds the steering linkage to the front axle came adrift on one of the front wheels and the wheel fell off, i managed to put it back on but again i am almost scared to touch the model, also both front wheels are very stiff.. I am not usually one to complain but the price we have to pay for these models nowadays i would expect them not to fall apart so easily..  

I’ve had a few that the wheels won’t turn on, but this doesn’t bother me as I have mine in cabinets. With reference to the bits that have fallen off, do you think they have been rattled about a bit in transit maybe, we’ve all had them Turn up with something in the box that needs re attaching sometimes.

My recent UH buys have been pretty decent all round,  the worst offenders for bits falling off are Schuco, ROS and also Marge, you only have too look at the wing mirrors or beacons on their CNH range and they fall off:angry:...…….never had that specific problem with the many UH models ive bought.

I had a few issues with the early UH models alright , but nothing on the recent models.  I had the steps on the MF 3080 broken and a the front mud guard on a Valtra T190 broken also before I ever removed them from the box. Wheelmelt is also setting in on the big UH County 1884..

brought a UH Kuhn fertilizer spreader and the lower spreader was secured in the box, the whole of the hopper and cover where floating around loose, so removed the internal etthed grills and upper discharge detail and screwed it back together :)

4 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Most of their stuff seems to be very good, however,  I recently bought a super major that looked like it had been put together by Stevie Wonder. There wasn’t a straight part on it :lol:

they sure saw you coming Ferret :D

Archived