What's your latest Farm/Construction buy 2020

robbo

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

Here’s a few of mine mate, pics to correspond with your questions. No opening lid. I love the model.56F9F878-FC9F-41F6-BBD3-2E7E8B11DE05.thumb.jpeg.81b05d321cb35f22a0bcc8b54ec98324.jpegAFCCD9E2-A477-4F5D-A31C-9EA55EFDFE6A.thumb.jpeg.d416a1953f51c418e8113347b9464eee.jpeg8E93D9B7-6950-4E34-AFC3-5975D6E45F6F.thumb.jpeg.74345a0f25b3544d076edcd49ce9bb17.jpeg

That’s quite nice indeed, I don’t understand why UH is pumping out combine models with out opening grain bin extensions. I would think that’s hurting the desirability for them. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a great looking combine, and UH have done a decent job of it.  Its a shame the grain bin doesn't open as with their other combine models as 1/32 says.

They included a header trailer with their Tucano, but I think that was the only combine they've done with one.

Although the USK Deutz doesn't have an opening tank, it does have interchangeable parts so it can be shown in road/work modes which is';t a bad compromise.

I don't think the Ros Ideal has a trailer either?

12 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

It is a great looking combine, and UH have done a decent job of it.  Its a shame the grain bin doesn't open as with their other combine models as 1/32 says.

They included a header trailer with their Tucano, but I think that was the only combine they've done with one.

Although the USK Deutz doesn't have an opening tank, it does have interchangeable parts so it can be shown in road/work modes which is';t a bad compromise.

I don't think the Ros Ideal has a trailer either?

It’s a great model, uh don’t get enough praise in my book when they do a decent model. The Amazone pantera sprayer arrived last week for my collection aswell........stunning model, flawless.

1 minute ago, chris.watson said:

It’s a great model, uh don’t get enough praise in my book when they do a decent model. The Amazone pantera sprayer arrived last week for my collection aswell........stunning model, flawless.

They do get a lot of stick Chris, you're right, but they have made some excellent models over the years.  I really liked the Tecnoma sprayer to name but one.

The Pantera sprayer is a stunner too, from what I've seen.

I agree Chris, UH have made some outstandingly good models, the 620 Quadtrac for example...…………………...and having seen the Axial Flow 2188 in Pecks country store yesterday I have to agree its a superb model.  And its no where near as bright red as the early promo pictures suggest:)...……………..I hadn't intended to buy one but was very impressed by what I saw.

13 hours ago, chris.watson said:

pantera is my next purchase Chris,it really looks stunning

1 hour ago, FendtFarmer said:

Would recommend the pantera, one of my favourites from universal hobbies 

4F2371E5-A0FB-41B2-9F21-F45BA9512C92.jpeg

E4EC9126-DF8E-4558-97AB-7199E461E126.jpeg

just bought one from ebay Ben,and very jammy the guy spelt it as pantara not pantera,it was listed for 76.00 made an offer and got it for 73.00,with postage,turns out it was sold by elite farm models,great pictures,im really looking forward to getting this one

and finally last purchase today,universal hobbies amazone ZA-M ferty spreader,what with space being limited i finally decided on a theme,amazone implements,with what ever tractors on them that i fancy,but it will be probably be fastracs and new holland tractors

This turned up Friday.... MF 2635. The real machine is produced by TAFE in India, in both MF and TAFE models. I've no idea who the model maker is, but it's well done, nice detail and mainly diecast, it's quite heavy for it's size.

MF2635.JPG

15 minutes ago, GPS said:

This turned up Friday.... MF 2635. The real machine is produced by TAFE in India, in both MF and TAFE models. I've no idea who the model maker is, but it's well done, nice detail and mainly diecast, it's quite heavy for it's size.

MF2635.JPG

I quite like that, looks like a decent model, where did you get it from?

Took a chance and picked it up on ebay from a China seller. Had no problems, came quickly and well packed in a strong box. You can also get the TAFE version.

I think Martyn at Martyns Farm Models had some of these a while ago.

Well I couldn't help myself after Chris put his Axial Flow pictures up and returned to Pecks this afternoon and bought myself an CASE 2188:wub: So pleased UH didn't c*ck it up,  in fact they've surpassed my expectations and I agree with Chris, its one of UHs best models todate.

Just in time for wheat harvest too...………...for a change!!

Thinking about it today imo there were 5 combines that defined the 90s...……………….

The Claas 228 Commander, Lexion 480,  Massey 40RS,  New Holland TX66 or 68 and the CASE AF2188...………. with the 228 and 2188 being my favourites.

P1080346.JPG

11 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

thanks Joe,i will get a driver in there somehow

Best of luck,that model is so well detailed,when you pick it up it's like wrestling an Octopus,:)

Regards

Joe.

On 7/26/2020 at 8:29 PM, bluegreen said:

Well I couldn't help myself after Chris put his Axial Flow pictures up and returned to Pecks this afternoon and bought myself an CASE 2188:wub: So pleased UH didn't c*ck it up,  in fact they've surpassed my expectations and I agree with Chris, its one of UHs best models todate.

Just in time for wheat harvest too...………...for a change!!

Thinking about it today imo there were 5 combines that defined the 90s...……………….

The Claas 228 Commander, Lexion 480,  Massey 40RS,  New Holland TX66 or 68 and the CASE AF2188...………. with the 228 and 2188 being my favourites.

P1080346.JPG

Lovely model mate. Agree with you totally about your list of classic combines.....we need a Lexion 480 to be done. Thought someone would have done it by now, although going back 5 years we hadn’t got many claas combines to choose from, and now we are spoilt for choice. Top of my wish list though, and always will be is the Massey 400 and 500 series combines from the 60s and 70s, just can’t believe they haven’t been done yet.

Archived