Nashmach's Ford 3600

nashmach

is that a sleeper cab? or a potting shed?

anymore pictures of that cab ive never seen one of those before

It's a Fritzmeir cab from Europe. This cab is quite common in Ireland and seems to have been just put on the Antwerp built models.

I could just see mart in that wee tractor.

This is not just any wee tractor - she does 200 - 250 hours a year and she is responsible for the following:

All the haulage with a 5 ton trailer.

All the fertiliser spreading with a Vicon spreader

All the topping with the mowing bar

All the spraying with a Hardi 600l with 12m booms

All the lifting on silage bales with a spike on the back.

All the hay tossing with a PZ rake.

Until we got the 4610 she was also doing all the ploughing with a 3f cut down to a 2f Kverneland and also all the harrow.

Hopefully next year she will also be sowing crops with a MF drill if we can find a good one at the right money.

By the way there is just 4000 hours on the clock.

Tris my grand uncle bought it new in 1980 but it was built in 1979 we have it since 1990 or thereabouts and its the one I learnt to drive on. Apart from a respray at some stage before we got her and getting the engine reconditioned at 3000hrs she hasn't put a foot wrong.

Nice little bit of background history nashmach. Certainly got a little work-a-holic on your hands with her, seems to do a fair bit in her 250hrs/year. Nice to hear she is going strong - sets NH2's mind at rest further still I expect. Had a look at on with a Q cab with similar hours, similar condition but didn't get the year, ?4250 they wanted for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ha! Sprayer Tests! :D :D You English!! ::) ::)::):D

I haven't done mine yet, i'm a serial course taker, done the PA2 course 3-4 times now but never got round to taking the test ::) ::)::):D :D :D

Done the one for granules as i didn't fancy the ?40000 fine for not having it or PA1 :-\

Have you had her since new mate?  :) :) ;)

No we have owned her since 1990 - she used to belong to my step grand uncle and she only had 1200 hrs on the clock when she came - now she has 4100hrs  :o. Unfortunately he was good with servicing despite her looking immaculate and the engine had to be reconditioned at 2990hrs but I can't think of anything else that we had to repair/replace only a reconditioned starter, a few lights and lenses and a new seat and 2 sets of front tyres and one set of rears ;)

She is doing about 250 hrs a year now  ;)