Your favourite Combine

nashmach

What is your favourite combine??

I am not much into the modern ones but would prefer Claas's built after 1985.

As for before this time in terms of up to the 70's I would definetly prefer the MF's. We still have a 780 Special which I am dismantling for spares before the rest goes for scrap. I will always remember a neighbour's 515 - I used to be in awe at that machine and thought all my world's came through when I was up on her when he was cutting with her.

I would also like the 525 - boy what a roar out of a machine to wake you up in the morning  :D :D

The Claas Senator range also would feature in my list for pure dependability and no nonsense machines as would a Laverda 112/122/152 - what an easy machine to drive and repair

What is your favourite combine??

I am not much into the modern ones but would prefer Claas's built after 1985.

As for before this time in terms of up to the 70's I would definetly prefer the MF's. We still have a 780 Special which I am dismantling for spares before the rest goes for scrap. I will always remember a neighbour's 515 - I used to be in awe at that machine and thought all my world's came through when I was up on her when he was cutting with her.

I would also like the 525 - boy what a roar out of a machine to wake you up in the morning  :D :D

The Claas Senator range also would feature in my list for pure dependability and no nonsense machines as would a [glow=red,2,300]Laverda 112/122/152 [/glow] - what an easy machine to drive and repair

And what may i ask is wrong with the 132 Ive been driving one for 17 years and apart from a fire in the engine bay have had no unforseen problems other than the regular things go wrong in all that time. :-\

As for modern combines I do like CLAAS LEXIONS on tracks and auto steer. Now that is just a lazy way of combining But in style ;D

Well, im not so familiar with that modern stuff. in the early 70's we had both Volvo BM 950 and 830, nice machines but the 830 was crap in oilseed and rye. the Dronningborg combines from the 80's was killers! Same thing with the MF 520, a great combine with a lovley roar from the engine!

My favourite has to be NH8070 i used to drive, had an iveco engine beautiful all round,drove it for 4 seasons my boss always said there was never enough dust came off a JD combine i found out what he meant when i changed jobs and ended up with a 1177 output was rubbish

And what may i ask is wrong with the 132 Ive been driving one for 17 years and apart from a fire in the engine bay have had no unforseen problems other than the regular things go wrong in all that time. :-\

As for modern combines I do like CLAAS LEXIONS on tracks and auto steer. Now that is just a lazy way of combining But in style ;D

Sorry Smurf meant to include the 132 there as well. ;)

would have to be the MF410 as it was the first combine i ever drove  but the 525 was real good as it would climb any mountain ! other than that the JD 1065/75 & the 1175 were good combines  as was the orange deutz fahr **83?

The JD1075 will always have a special place in my heart as will the NH8070. I still think of the JD1075s as new combines I think because when they came along they really looked unlike anything else in use in the area at the time.

As for the modern lot the JD CTS is my favourite, dying for a 1/32 model, closely followed by the MF Cerea and the Lexion 580 is a joy to watch in the field, the speed it eats its way through rape is just amazing.

The Lexion 600 is also stunning, when i saw it last summer I was stunned by the size of it. :o

Are you all stark raving mad  ::) Has nobody remembered the Massey 760 and 865's - Perkins V8 power and a beauty to drive  ;)

NOTHING did or WILL EVER beat those machines  :-*:-* :-*:-* :-*:-*

They are definalty nice machines but the Cerea's in my eyes win hands down, two different generations of MF entusiasts  :D

;) Sounds about right!

I feel better now  :-*

Mine will stick make bigger windrows too, you small fry :D :D :-*:-*

It's gotta be the axial flow's for me the AFX 8010, 2388 etc they are the trend setters ;) ;) ;)