MF 3095

ihatepoundland

know what you mean, went out on the bike with a camera, either fields were still un-cut or cut and baled and no machinery to be seen...still i got 15miles of exercsie!!  ;D ;D

For those that are missing all the excitement. Just wait a couple of weeks and I'll get some pics onto my fotopic site of the combining in Angus and Perthshire. Just like yourself FB I'll be out and about on the bike  ;) (if I can get the puncture fixed  :'()

Cheers

NewHolland2

most of it looked as if it hadnt although i havent been that way for a week. Saw a swather few weeks back, little shelbourne reynolds!!...but that was a different area. . Some of the farmers have the rape shears on the side of the cutter

THE PIC OF THE MASSEY THE OTHER DAY WAS TURNIG IT THE 6290 4 DRUM RAKE LIKE AND IT CAN BE CALLED NUMBER OF DIFFRENT THINGS TURNING TEDIING FUFING UP ASORTS WHAT THIS MAN IS DOING IS ROWING UP WE USE A BRAND NEW CLASS LINER FOR THIS IT A SINGE DRUMM BUT IT 4 M WIDE THE RAPE WOULD HAVE BEEN SWTHED IF IT IS AT THIS TIME THIS GOING BY WHATS HAPING AROUND HEAR MOST RAPE WONT BE CUT TILL FIRDAY AT LEAST AND THE SIDE SEARIS ON A COMBINE A CALED SIDE KNIFES AND THEY ARE TO CUT THE RAPE SO YOU GET A NICE EDGE AND THE STUFF DOES KNOTE UP HOPE ALL THIS HELPS YOU MY DAD ON ABOUT STARING TO CUT BARLEY TOMOROW SO MAY NOT COME ON HERE AND WHERE I WORK IS ON ABOUT WEDNESDAY SO WONT BE ON HERE FOR A LONG TIME WILL GET SOME PICS OF PROPER KIT FOR YOU

I was just reading in this post about swathing i have never seen it done i dont think it has been done for quite a fair few years down my way it is all cut direct with the combine i was just wondering what the process with it is?

I was just reading in this post about swathing i have never seen it done i dont think it has been done for quite a fair few years down my way it is all cut direct with the combine i was just wondering what the process with it is?

Hi MF Fan. The swather has a header mounted to its front links/PTO, similar to a combine. However, it only cuts the crop (does not do anything to it like a combine). It leaves the cut OSR in a swath (a dreel in the field, just like cutting hay before baling). The combine then comes along  (after the OSR has dried out and ripened) with a pick-up header (Dave Towse makes a 1:32 version), to harvest the OSR. This is much quicker than spraying the crop to kill it off and then harvesting with a normal header and knife at the side if the header.

I will look out my pics soon.

Hope That's Helped.

Cheers

NewHolland2

thanks alot for that newholland2 ive never seen them before i dont think theyve been in my area for about 20 years all they do around here is direct cut but rearely spray it before to kill it i spose they dont swath round here because there is alot of high capacity combines like mf 7278 and claas 480/580

No problem MF Fan. My pleasure.

Even farmers with relatively high capacity combines still swath. I know a farmer that operates a New Holland TX66 and he swaths his OSR most of the time before cutting. I think swathing can sometimes give better profit.

Cheers

NewHolland2