Fiat Winner F140

I decided to make a few small mods on the new model.  After I glued exhaust ,number plate and roof aerial in place,  I also glued shut the right side door as it keeps falling open rather annoyingly.

The sunroof is a nice touch and it does close too,  the back window is fixed open which I don't like but im stuck with it. Mind you its not as pants as the larger ROS G series rear window.

Ive fitted a roof beacon,  a  1993 L reg number plate  and as the front weight looked too small ive created a little frame and fitted extra weight which looks ok.

All in all its a nice model,  some will like having to add bits on once its out of the box but not bits falling open like doors or off like bonnet panels.   Anyways it is a pretty decent model and you do get a choice of rear links as well.  UH style or Wiking.

P1080184.JPG

P1080188.JPG

P1080189.JPG

P1080190.JPG

Its a nice model all right. But it's not a whole lot different to the previous ROS F130. And like the F130 ..it has the same rear rims as the big 90 Series Fiats. I don't think I have ever seen a Winner with them rims in reality.  

2 hours ago, Christoph1972 said:

I can’t evaluate a Fiat model, I don’t know a lot about them and the models. In my eyes it seams to be a perfect model, I see a lot of proper details. I vote for very nice and well done! :)

I'll second that

2 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Yes I agree Justy,  I might buy one of the bigger 140-90/ 130-90 series  which has the right winner wheels on it and do a swapsy as typically both those big older fiat 90 series would have wheel weights on them.

I was thinking a swap with a Replicagri M160 would also do or 8560. I turn the Winners rims would suit the M160 ...so you win both ways.

20191018_132119.jpg

ebc44863-b76f-4b66-a487-4b4f1ea8ffb3.jpg

Mind you Justy,  I stumbled across this video today whilst viewing some old Masseys.   Clearly some F140s were available with the heavier wheels,  so I will save my money and stick with the model as it is.  As I said it is a nicely detailed model and I prefer the bonnet decals on this MK2 Winner over the mk1 F130 Ros model

2 hours ago, SPN said:

I've never seen a TM/M on PAVT wheels before. They are very rare on Winners too.

I think the Replicagri 140-90 wheels are the right job.

I have never seen them on TMs ether SPN .But the early 60 Series and M Series were available with them. They were even pictured on the sales brochures with them. I have never seen a Winner with them ..but the vid above has shown they do have them & it has an Offaly reg which brings it close to home even !

The one obvious thing this model is missing is the black rear fender extensions,  most Winner appear to have these.   I bought some 1/2 mm plasticard to remedy the situation but not sure if it will be possible to do this conversion.  I would need to use two strips, one to fit against the fender and the second to fit on top of the join between the fender and extension piece:huh:

ah the old wheel issue again :D i guess the arch extensions will be like the wheels, different countries will have different options ,possible the extensions weren't popular in europe maybe ?  would have been taken of a euro machine anyway, not a uk one, i do like the look of it i must say ,i occasionally see a f130 i think (decals are well faded) out south devon way, its well rusted on the arches as well, it certainly stands out though as its unusual to see this way, i normally see smaller 880’s and alikes, again out south devon way .

Archived