Case axial flow uh

F8N

Recently got this model and thought I'd give a very brief review or just share my thoughts on it.

Overall it's an impressive looking model which really was the reason I got it. The tyres on mine were not totally round causing the model to lift up and down as it rolled but thankfully doaking the tyres in boiling water solved the problem. The steering is good but there no pivot on the axle which would have been nice. The hand rails maybe let it down a tat as they look plasticky and are a slightly different colour of red. The header is nice an attached on nicely with a few times to hang on the back of it which is a nice little bit of extra detail. The tines on the reel are fixed which isn't that big of a deal. The paint finish of the model in general and the decals on it are excellent rims too..and its nicely shod overall it's a nice model and I'd say worth the money even though it dosent have a trailer for the header or opening g grain doors or cab door but it is cheaper than wiking .it does however have a tow hook and a pin for hooking up with supplied.

I was rather impressed with it thinking universal hobbies have done a great job but when I parked it beside my old fendt I could see that the quality is not as good!

I know the fentd is not so popular in britian but it is deff a nice detailed model. It has loads of wee warning decals it has an opening hood and the times on the reel are free moving but no detachable header.but the finish on the fentd is really 1st class. In the cab is lovely detailed too..in my opinion  it's better than the case but I know for uk entuasusts the axial flow will be the better choice.20200831_210129.thumb.jpg.f6273742e3fea64fd9a6e76467e99dd7.jpg

20200831_210245.jpg

20200831_210219.jpg

20200831_210202.jpg

20200831_210156.jpg

20200831_210139.jpg

20200831_210110.jpg

20200831_210120.jpg

20200831_210253.jpg

20 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

The fendt is nice Gary,im sure the later fendt 5255L from uh had a removable header

I didn't know that..the day I bought mine I wasn't looking for one, I just happened to come across a very good sale in a farm shop one day where I got that fendt and a class tractor with Kuhn mower and the cargo grain trailer all uh and all excellent models..it was my 1st combine and I was over the moon as it was very well reduced.

DSC_1432.JPG

The ebay seller in France with the good range has the 5255L for around £58 posted if anyone looking for it, the header is detachable but no trailer.  I am planning to upgrade the Siku hybrid to something halfway decent, probably foolishly but I just like the shape of them!

4 hours ago, F8N said:

I didn't know that..the day I bought mine I was looking for one, I just happened to come across a very good sale in a farm shop one day where I got that fendt and a class tractor with Kuhn mower and the cargo grain trailer all uh and all excellent models..it was my 1st combine and I was over the moon as it was very well reduced.

DSC_1432.JPG

great picture Gary

4 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

The ebay seller in France with the good range has the 5255L for around £58 posted if anyone looking for it, the header is detachable but no trailer.  I am planning to upgrade the Siku hybrid to something halfway decent, probably foolishly but I just like the shape of them!

I see northwest has one for 60 and iv seen one for 50! I'll maybe check the funds tomorrow..I'm very tempted myself.

The UH combines do look very good, I had the Laverda version of the Fendt in Gary's photo a fair few years ago, I think I got rid of it because the header didnt come off.  Sold it abroad and got massively stung on the postage, paid 30 odd quid I think, ended up with 2 quid profit!  I doubt I can make the Siku model look anywhere near as good as a UH but I'm going to give it a good go.  It's been far too long since I did any mods to models.  

12 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

The UH combines do look very good, I had the Laverda version of the Fendt in Gary's photo a fair few years ago, I think I got rid of it because the header didnt come off.  Sold it abroad and got massively stung on the postage, paid 30 odd quid I think, ended up with 2 quid profit!  I doubt I can make the Siku model look anywhere near as good as a UH but I'm going to give it a good go.  It's been far too long since I did any mods to models.  

Thats why i always used to put a clear note on that overseas buyers hd to wait for a total , uk was easy but overseas i always made pay once checked, they dont like it dont bid 

12 hours ago, F8N said:

I see northwest has one for 60 and iv seen one for 50! I'll maybe check the funds tomorrow..I'm very tempted myself.

the one i got was the one Joe mentioned,just over £57.00 including postage from France from ebay,the gamble is if it gets here in one piece

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Thats why i always used to put a clear note on that overseas buyers hd to wait for a total , uk was easy but overseas i always made pay once checked, they dont like it dont bid 

I did that afterwards!  Think the Laverda was just over 2kg so got caught out.  The GSP makes it so much easier now

11 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

the one i got was the one Joe mentioned,just over £57.00 including postage from France from ebay,the gamble is if it gets here in one piece

Keep us informed Paul 

11 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

will do Gary

I have had a few things from that seller Paul.  The Horsch drill had a broken packet wheel set, but as it was £34 I wasn't complaining, and will attempt to fix it.  The Fendt 724 had a slightly broken side light which was fine with glue, and the other things from there all fine.  They pack pretty well, and UH stuff is usually wired in the box so sure it will be ok.  I ummed and arred over that combine too, but prefer the Laverda version.  They're selling that too but bit pricier.

Sorry drifting away from the Case combine topic.  Does it have 20' header?

On 9/2/2020 at 10:55 PM, Paul Palmer said:

will do Gary

it will be with me tomorrow,a bit of confusion in the tracking number,ebay said it will be delivered by royal mail when i put the number in there tracking system royal mail said it was a parcel force number,but it didnt recognise it and i had an email today saying being delivered tomorrow by DPD!!!,so hopefully pictures up tomorrow

On 9/3/2020 at 10:06 AM, CX820Joe said:

I have had a few things from that seller Paul.  The Horsch drill had a broken packet wheel set, but as it was £34 I wasn't complaining, and will attempt to fix it.  The Fendt 724 had a slightly broken side light which was fine with glue, and the other things from there all fine.  They pack pretty well, and UH stuff is usually wired in the box so sure it will be ok.  I ummed and arred over that combine too, but prefer the Laverda version.  They're selling that too but bit pricier.

Sorry drifting away from the Case combine topic.  Does it have 20' header?

22 foot header Joe

Archived