Bluegreens/ Phil Pheonix Maize harvest 2020

phil phoenix

Maize harvest started here back in mid September,  We had a gang of contractors show up on a wednesday afternoon with an old shape Krone 1100 plus 5 tractors and poly tunnel forming machinery. Plus a large caravan.   I first became aware of them when I went to bed at 10.30 and the flippin Krone was blazing away near a posh housing estate!!  It continued there for a good hour until local neighbours stopped them and told them to sling their hooks!!  Of course the gang were mostly foreign and were oblivious to common decency and not making excessive noise after 10pm:angry:....................They moved further down the village away from my end and continued till 4am:blink:..............An 1100hp machine can still be heard if its 2 miles away in my experience!    Anyways I took the next day off and got the camera out and was very surprised to discover two 500hp Fendts on haulage duties plus three 4220 Fastracs.

IMG_5521.JPG

IMG_5527.JPG

IMG_5525.JPG

IMG_5535.JPG

IMG_5537.JPG

IMG_5532.JPG

IMG_5538.JPG

IMG_5531.JPG

Maize harvest started here back in mid September,  We had a gang of contractors show up on a wednesday afternoon with an old shape Krone 1100 plus 5 tractors and poly tunnel forming machinery. Plus a large caravan.   I first became aware of them when I went to bed at 10.30 and the flippin Krone was blazing away near a posh housing estate!!  It continued there for a good hour until local neighbours stopped them and told them to sling their hooks!!  Of course the gang were mostly foreign and were oblivious to common decency and not making excessive noise after 10pm:angry:....................They moved further down the village away from my end and continued till 4am:blink:..............An 1100hp machine can still be heard if its 2 miles away in my experience!    Anyways I took the next day off and got the camera out and was very surprised to discover two 500hp Fendts on haulage duties plus three 4220 Fastracs.

I caught up with one of Pretoria energies harvesting gangs recently, they have a few of their own harvesters and the rest are contractor machines.  The Krone 1180 is the biggest available harvester anywhere and it is huge!!  This one is owned by Wilson Farming and was being serviced by a fleet of mostly brand new CASE Pumas:wub:  and some JD 6Rs both sent from HawkRent.  That must be a faction of the old Hawkhire group who went bust a couple of years ago.  I for one am delighted to see lots of new Pumas back in these parts after 2 years absence.

IMG_5572.JPG

IMG_5575.JPG

IMG_5578.JPG

IMG_5582.JPG

IMG_5585.JPG

IMG_5587.JPG

IMG_5581.JPG

IMG_5589.JPG

IMG_5592.JPG

IMG_5597.JPG

18 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

Yes I think so Joe although I didnt notice they had done it whilst I was watching..........................maybe its just an option rather than standard spec.

Maybe depend on the height of the crop,Whether it would be needed,?

Regards

Joe.

Archived